What Did Your Max Out At?

ir_cow

I thought a thread should be started for your cpu and the max you were able to do and what the highest you'v seen.

CPu-z Pictures would be nice for everyone to see what there cpu can/could do.

Any 64: S754/S939/S940

Any Xps: S'A

Any P4's (dont know the sockets, sorry)

well heres mine.

i max my 3000+ at 2.44 on air and when it hit 250FSB it just froze. but the highest iv seen is 2.66 on air, or was it W/C?. anyways post anything you got it be cool to see.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can use windows with my 3000+ newcastle at 2.72Ghz and 1.725v with my huge zalman 7700, but it's no where near stable, so I really don't see the point of wasting time getting screen shots of that, eps since I dont't have the zalman installed on this comp any more.

So, here is my best 24/7 stable with my good stick of ram and my retail (but lapped) heatsink:

stable.png

I included the memory stuff to show that this newcastle has a decent memory controler.

Prime has only been running about an hour in that shot.

i posted a while ago back when i was first ocing this winchester... 2.85 ghz, this was in winter, at freezing outside, room windows open, side intake at the window... i think my cpu temp was like 19*C or something

highest stable is a much more conservative 2.63

There you go . This is highest stable. A 40% overclock is fine with me. Puts this processor on par with P4-E's 560 3.6ghz. 10515/4000 in Sandra 2005 at CPU arithmetic.

With Athlon Mobile 2500+ on Epox 8RDA3+

Heres mine

Nothing to special but not bad for a newcastle 754 2800

Once I get my job im gonna see about getting a new psu and case since mines horrible and it probabaly why I have to run such a high vcore

I might also get a prometia 2 they're only around 500 new

I got my 3400+ to 2.8ghz on stock cooling. So far I haven't seen a 3400+ higher on stock cooling. I have seen one higher on good air cooling, w/c, and extreme cooling though lol. I will have to dig around to try and find the screenie for it though.