Question's About A Couple Motherboards

first, will the MSI K8T Neo2-F 939 w/VIA chipset OC as well as the K8T Neo4-F 939 with nForce4 chipset? and secondly, does the MSI K8T Neo2-F support the new Venice core CPUs?

im not familiar with overclocking of a nf4 but i do know that the neo2 will support the new venice core and if you have problems with it im sure just a simple bios update will allow it to work fine.

via chipsets dont have agp/pci locks, so watch out your not going to be ocing very far. all nforce do. i always stick to nforce boards they seem to do everything overall better

Edited by hornybluecow

unfortunately there was a bit of a mixup when i ordered. thought i was gettin a Neo4, but actually got a Neo2 and am now tryin to decide what to do with it. if i want to just keep it neway or try to sell it and get a Neo4. what do yall think?

the main question really is...is it worth the trouble of selling this neo2 and going out and buying a neo4.......causing my rig to be down that much longer til i can get the new one. right now i've got all the parts i need to build this new system just sittin on my bed. i'm just waitin now for my xp-90 to come in. so....is it worth putting this off another few weeks, or would i be just as well off with this board?

first, will the MSI K8T Neo2-F 939 w/VIA chipset OC as well as the K8T Neo4-F 939 with nForce4 chipset? and secondly, does the MSI K8T Neo2-F support the new Venice core CPUs?

503516[/snapback]

a K8T Neo4 with the NForce 4 chipset? uhhhhh... K8T designates a VIA chipset. K8N would be an Nvidia chipset

and from experience if you're going to overclock then go nvidia. if not... who cares either way.