Is This Worth 600 Bux? Get A Good Laugh!

Hey, just a quick post to see if you guys/gals can decypher a friend of mines corny idea. Ok, he has currently an AMD XP 1600+, 512 MB PC2100, on a BIOSTAR board. lol.. Ok, his cousin wants to sell him his 1 year old setup that he has and told my buddy that he needs 600 bux for it.. I told my friend that its too much cash, that he can get something way better, but hey.

Dudes setup he wants to sell my friend:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

TT Volcano 7+ HSF

3X256MB PC3200 Buffalo Value Ram

Asus A78NX Mobo

Generic 450 watt psu

PNY Geforce 6800 AGP card

LiteOn 16X DVD reader

LiteOn 12X DVD burner

windowed case

NO HARD DRIVE...

The guy wants 600 for it, and says its an "ultimate" gaming rig. The guy also said that he never had the need to overclock it, as its "one of the fastest on the market", I laughed at that one... but none the less, He said that my friend would have to put his own hard drive in, as the 300 gig he has in it, has too much of his own stuff on it, and will not sell it..

I was trying to convince my friend that he can have a sweet gaming rig for around that price. BUT, he has his heart set on it, I guess he liked the round IDE cables in it..

I mean, seriously, can 600 put you in something a little better than that type setup?? Did I just waste 600 ALONE on my new 7800 GTX, when I could have had that rig???

Please some insight!

Me i'm not saying that the 300gb drive should be in it for 600 but at least a couple of 80 and i wouldn't buy a socket A as the fastest rig loll with what's coming out these days, turn away from socket A if you want one day to buy a double core 64

In other words,take your $600 get a decent 64 board and stuff then upgrade from there ;)

Woah, just realised that said Athlon XP. No way is that worth 600 bucks.

Maybe if it had a name brand PSU, 2x512 (or 1x1gig) memory, and was a lower end Athlon 64, it would be worth 600.

That guy should go work at CompUSA or something cuz he apparently has a great knack for BSing a customer into simply considering buying a product that is worth half of what he is selling it for.

That guy should go work at CompUSA or something cuz he apparently has a great knack for BSing a customer into simply considering buying a product that is worth half of what he is selling it for.

503487[/snapback]

yea my friend told me that he gave the guy 450 of it already, and the next 150 on payday, lol. I told him he was getting ripped. I just wanted to see what you all thought, as my buddy doesnt I guess know he concept of money.