Heat Problem

I am currently using a AMD Athlon 2600+ XP processor on a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. Viewing both the Bios Hardware monitor as well as the ASUS Probe hardware monitor, both have shown my CPU heat averaging about 61 degrees celsius or 141 degrees farenheit. This is when the computer is on for extended periods of time (idling in IRC and a FireFox window open and possibly Media Player or iTunes)

However, whenever I go to play a game, the temperature rockets up to 80 degrees celsius or 176 degrees farenheit. My computer shuts off whenever I get into one of those games. I might last 10 minutes tops.

I have updated drivers for video, the motherboard is averaging around 38 degrees celsius or 100 degrees farenheit.

What is the best fan/heatsink for the most reasonable price that could fix this overheating problem for my CPU so I can prevent it from overheating.

Thanks,

~MF~

sounds like other problems. check and make sure everything is seated right, make sure everything looks right and the heatsink is nice and tight on the socket.

if you feel the heatsink and it's warm, then you are ok that means it's pulling heat away, if it feels cool then that's probably bad as the chip isn't puttin it's heat into the metal.

Guest Flashstar

I had that problem once, but it was fixed with a bios update. :)