Another Issue.

Well, as some of you know, I had trouble with the BF2 Demo, getting framerates from 10 - 80, constantly fluctuating.

Now, I've got the BF2 retail.

I've got everything maxed out, 1024x768 res, with AA and AF turned all the way up. Now, my fps stays a constant 60+, but there is a certain choppyness. I'll be running, seeing great fps, then turn and the frame freezes for half a second. This happens quite frequently, even when the video settings are turned to their lowest.

I'm not sure what the problem could be. HL2, CSS, and Halo run perfectly fine on my PC. Any help?

I've experienced symptoms like this when playing doom3 and HL2. 1024x768 medium detial. This happens in doom3 when a door opens. I suspect I get this becuase my hardware is slow. With you I'm not sure this is the case.

Yes, and my drivers are up to date. Changing the connection type didn't help, either.

After further inspection, it seems that this only happens when walking into new areas. If I scan the place I'm currently in, everything runs smoothly. Rendering issue?

Haven't had a chance to look, as the back of the case is to the right of me.

If it helps, my HDD is only 5200rpm. =( But, I doubt this is what's affecting my gameplay, as this should only reduce map loading times.

PS - If it were a ram issue, wouldn't this problem occur in the other games I run maxed out at 1280x1024 + AA/AF?

depends how ram hungry the game is compared to others.

5400rpm drives CAN be a prob. the matrix game a couple years back refused to offer support on anything less than 7200rpm