New Linux Pc

My sister's computer has been out of commission for about a month now. I had the windows port of Gaim on her computer, but she wanted AIM for the "Buddy Icons", so I was nice and put it on her computer for her (She did NOT get an admin account.. read on why) and about a week later, I get home from work to her telling me she got herself a virus that sent itself out to all of her friends with a link to download a virus. I immediately pulled the network cable from her computer, and now that I got the free copy of linspire, I will put a copy of it on her computer. I'm a Unix System administrator intern at Intel, so I have a feeling I can mock it up so she can't kill anything. She'll only be able to kill her home. And the best part... I can remotely fix her computer sitting in front of my computer (her room's kind of a BIG mess... and you thought geeks were bad..LoL) If you guys have any suggestions on how I can further secure her computer from her, I would greatly appreciate it. B:)

Guest Flashstar

I got linspire as well. The only problem with it is that there is nothing that warns you about logging in as root. Just put a password on it and create an account for her. Other than that, i'm a big fan of good old fashioned hand-cuffs. :D j/k

Well im not sure about securing it so she cant do harm to it, other than giving her restricted access. But that aim virus is easy to catch if its the one im thinking of, all u have to do is be gullible and click a link sent from another infected machine. So I guess just explain to her techniques (sp) people use to spread virii so she knows what not to do.