Softmoding My Audigy1 To Audigy 2zs

Shaggy

I want to turn my audigy1 into an audigy 2zs. Has anyone tried this? Softmodding your Sounblaster Live or Audigy to an Audigy 2ZS? I really want to do this, but I don't want to do anything that would result in a headache. Also, I have been using my soundstorm sound on my Asus mobo for ages and I would need to uninstall those drivers. What's a proper way to uninstall the sounstorm drivers?

Edited by Shaggy

I might try this on my Live! 5.1. If it doesnt work, so be it. Surely it wont involve me having to reformat will it? Its just a sound card I assume windows can survive without working or corrupted drivers...

This might be one of those things that works in name only... in other words it 'looks' like it's an Audigy 2 zs to the computer. But audigy 2's have different DAC's than Audigy 1's and Sblive.

has any1 actually done it? i got an Audigy 2ZS, and a SB 5.1 Live! , might compare them.

501989[/snapback]

perhaps if you read the reply's before posting.......

yep, done it and it worked first time, running the Audigy2 drivers on an Audigy1 now, works great, CMSS, CMSS2, EAX, etc.... it all works, this is why i never recommend anyone spend $100 on an Audigy2 when an Audigy can be had for $35 and sounds the same, even if you don't do all this, the "2" is not worth the $$$

the difference between the Audigy1 and Audigy2 is so minimal that most human ears will not be able to distinguish between them, the only possible advantage to spending more for the Audigy2 IMO is the extra connections, etc......