Vonage

So I just signed up for vonage and hooked it up last night. So far, I think its great!

The cool thing is I can go online and see all the sent/received calls, set up call forwarding and listen to my voicemail. It even emails me when I get a new voicemail so I can listen to it right away.

But, I cant get to vonage.com at home... :(

Is comcast blocking the website? its the only website I cant log onto at home.

What kind of error messages are you getting? Check your setup that you did on your router to allow the vonage box to get online - there may be some static routes that are messing you up.

Now that you've got that, don't forget to build your own PBX! If nothing else, just for the geeky bragging rights...

Check out http://www.asterisk.org/ and http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/

I can get online and everything but when I try to get to the vonage site it says page not found... :(

The funny thing is, this started before I installed the supplied linksys router. I had some friends over last weekend and was telling them all about vonage and was showing them the vonage router. (this is before I installed the vonage router) I went to the site to show them and it kept timing out.

Last night when I set up the vonage router.... same thing. I can get everywhere on the web except vonage.com.

I set up the 911 calling thing at work today and even listened to my voicemail online. But i come home once again and still not working. I went into the router settings and everything is normal. whats going on here?

Should I call comcast? what would I say? Its not affecting my phone service but I just think its strange that I just cant go to that site. :blink: