I Need Help Really Bad!

liamstears

I would like to make a multiboot dvd with multiple operating systems on it (mainly xp). I have tried both magic iso and easy boot but they dont work. They work but when you boot from the dvd and choose an option (for example: 2) it says it cant find the file. what am i doin wrong? someone please help me.

I have not heard of the being possible.... I have a shrewed suspicion that you'll have to build your own boot loader.

This is just a guess.. but what if you mimic the windows boot.ini on it, with the paths to the different installs on it, with relative directories, ie:

[boot loader}

timeout=30

default:./linux

[operating systems]

./linux="Linux OS Install"

./windowsxp="Windows XP Install"

./windows2kserver="Windows 2000 Server"

Keep in mind I have no clue how to implement something like that, but that would be my best guess... maybe strip GRUB off of a Linux install and make it work on a boot-able DVD?

I would like to make a multiboot dvd with multiple operating systems on it (mainly xp).

How do you want it to look? Do you want it to just have multiple OS installs on it? If so, you should just be able to have it boot to DOS (6.22 or Win98) and then have a menu to change to the install directory for any of the other OS's and start the setup command (like XP's winnt32.exe).

I have not heard of the being possible.... I have a shrewed suspicion that you'll have to build your own boot loader.

This is just a guess.. but what if you mimic the windows boot.ini  on it, with the paths to the different installs on it, with relative directories, ie:

[boot loader}

timeout=30

default:./linux

[operating systems]

./linux="Linux OS Install"

./windowsxp="Windows XP Install"

./windows2kserver="Windows 2000 Server"

Keep in mind I have no clue how to implement something like that, but that would be my best guess... maybe strip GRUB off of a Linux install and make it work on a boot-able DVD?

501881[/snapback]

It should proove to be a valid concept.