xPETEZx

Hi guys!

I just built a rig for my sisters to use, hardware is as follows:

P4 2.2Ghz

Some ASUS Skt 478 mobo

2x 256mb RAM

80Gig 7200RPM WD

PCI 9200SE 128mb

Anyways, I put windows on, but when it asked to format drive, and create partions, I made 2 partions, a 20 Gig, and the remadier as another.

I put the 20 Gig as C, and the rest was put as E for me.

I then though I had set it to that C was where windows would install. But it didnt, it went on E:!!! :(:(

Now, I have no use for the smaller 20gig partion, I was going to use the larger partion for files etc, and the smaller just for Windows.

Seeing as windows is now on the big partion, I just want to merge the partions back into one. And under the Drive Letter C:

Is this possible without a format?

I tried downloading the ISO for Partion Logic, and burned it to a CD, then set boot order as CD-Rom only. but it wouldent boot of the CD :(

Is there any program (preferably in Windows, if thats even possible) which can simply make these 2 partions 1, and lable it C:??

Thanks alot guys!

Where can I get thaT? I googled it, and all I can find is partition magic 6.0 reviews and pay for sites for partition magic 8.0

Got a link to a trial or download?

Thanks

lol Partition Magic 6.0?? What year you're living from?? That was back in the days when that app was owned by Power Quest

Edited by silkster

That was a realy usefull post there silkster <_<

I dont care how old the program is, if it can do what I need it to do, then thats fine. UltraMon is like 2-3 years old, that program is amazing. Age dose not necearily mean that its bad.

just format and do a re-install.. if you change drive letters like that.. you are bound to mess someting up

OR i would download R-Drive image and use the trail and make a image of drive E.. and then format the drive, and restore the image on the right partition..

if you do image your drive and restore it to another partition, make sure to make the changes to the 'boot.ini' before you image it so you can still boot after you restore it. if you don't it will either no longer boot, or you'll have to find some way to get the file changed (know any app that will write to ntfs partitions outside of the windows environment?).

I realy dont fancy reinstaling windows on that machine.

tbh, im just gonna leave it how it is, it runs everything that it will ever need to run perfectly fine.

It has a C: drive, its just not the windows drive, so I dont think there will be any problems.

Thanks alot anyways guys.

I have another toaly off topic question tho, what eXactly does a Windows repair do? If I do a repair windows, will I need to reinstall all my drivers, programs etc?

(This is for a diffrent computer btw)