Sign in to follow this  
rustyzipper

What Does This Mean?

Guest FxXP

The board is booting into the BOOT block which allows you to reflash the BIOS if it is corrupt. All you need to do is download a BIOS from MSI, rename it to award.rom or boot.rom and put it on a floppy. Boot the computer from the floppy and it should restore the BIOS. This is not the only time I have seen Live Update bork an MSI K7 board. Live Update has a tendency of grabbing the wrong BIOS for the wrong board, especially if the model # is used for 3-4 variants of the same PCB.

Double check the data and power cable of the floppy, if that doesn't work, change the floppy drive.

ok ,rma the thing, and did you by chance have a prob whare the bios did not want to o/c whare corecenter let you

Yep, you probably let MSIs update garbage flash the wrong BIOS. The board will not work with an incorrect BIOS, or half of a BIOS, or no BIOS. Using the reset jumper or taking out the battery will not help, as there are no settings to fix/restore. If te bootblock potion of the bios still doesnt let you use a real bios bootdisk, you need a new bios chip or an RMA.

NEVER let any progam screw with updating your critical stuff automatically. Do it manually.

Guest Raven65

Did you update your bios? if you did that's the error you get when you flash bios with msi is you don't do it in windows. It reset your cmos just go and hit the delete button until it brings you into the bios and then reset the time etc, then you will be fine. If that doesn't work your battery may be dead in that case the time resets itself and you have to reset the time in the bios again.

i got a message from msi live update saying my drivers were not up to date. their software is what borked the board. it wasn't my intentions to flash a bad bios as i didnt have any problems prior to msi updating the bios.had i thought it would have come to this, i would have hit cancel. now that i know what happens when m/b manufactures flash bad updates i will be doing it differently from now on. even the place where i got the m/b said msi should replace the board seeing how their software messed it up!!

Stay tuned............. :D

raven65...........it will not let me get into bios! for all intent purposes the board is nothing but a red piece of silicon material!!!!!

oralpain...........i think i learned my lesson on this one, thats for sure!!!!

at least my asus board is running just fine!!

Try turning off the computer and when you turn it on press the insert key. This is supposed to set the bios back to defaults. and sets the mem at 100mhz.

Its a nice trick if you do a bad oc and have to reset the bios. don't have to take out the batt.

i didnt know you can RMA a motherboard just if the bios is corrupt. i bet if you talk to a MSI represenative he will send u the right bios in a floppy, i can guarantee you that if you tell them my bios is corrupt theyll first give u a bios file for you to install.