Help Little Folding Machine Please!

skibar350

:smack: I put folding on an extra PC that I have : E-Machine 600mhz P3 with Win98SE and downloaded the new client from OCC. I have had it running for over 20hrs with not even a 1% gain but with a 100% Kernal usage. I don't even know if the thing is running right or stuck on system ideal timer. If anyone has found a better way to run Folding on such a PC Please let me know. This will be the third in the run to come. I'm using the flags: forceasm-, advmethods-! I would really like this extra to run right. Any help on Folding would be great thanks! :smack:

p3s suck at folding to be honest.  It takes my moms p3 atleast a week to turn in the smallest of work units.  So just let it go, and dont expect much from it :P

501256[/snapback]

Thanks man I wondered that my self. I was a high rand until I moved to the sticks and now I'm back to broadband and would like better folding! :smack:

I have a etower 633id that folds ok. I bumped the memory to 256 and installed WinXP and the folding client about a year ago. It's been running at 100% 24/7 ever since. It sure as hell isn't fast (54 WU's so far) but it's never given me any problems either. :foldon:

I have a etower 633id that folds ok. I bumped the memory to 256 and installed WinXP and the folding client about a year ago. It's been running at 100% 24/7 ever since. It sure as hell isn't fast (54 WU's so far) but it's never given me any problems either.  :foldon:

501329[/snapback]

This is an 600ix P3 with win98SE. I should put xp on it and try. I just get high kernal usage and no %WU usage out of it. I don't understand if it is the way the Folding program is installing or just the OP not running it. I figure after 24hrs of running non tickers it should show a % complete, but nothing. Hay when you did the XP install on the e-machine was it upgrade fresh install or what, because this has 256mem also with no problems exept folding? :foldon:

This is an 600ix P3 with win98SE. I should put xp on it and try. I just get high kernal usage and no %WU usage out of it. I don't understand if it is the way the Folding program is installing or just the OP not running it. I figure after 24hrs of running non tickers it should show a % complete, but nothing. Hay when you did the XP install on the e-machine was it upgrade fresh install or what, because this has 256mem also with no problems exept folding? :foldon:

501337[/snapback]

Clean install....AVG virus protection and the folding client...no other software B:)

Clean install....AVG virus protection and the folding client...no other software B:)

501389[/snapback]

Cool thanks I will give that a try and fold. This pc is my wifes and she doesn't need much because she can't pull her head out...lol :foldon: I had too!