Uptime Project

silentsoundguy32

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if you run it from cron, shouldn't it still report the amount of uptime?  the linux client runs from cron too, and it works fine for me...

502730[/snapback]

Yes, it works. I was just pointing out it doesn't run as a daemon and it needs to be run from cron. I thought it ran as a daemon originally, so I just ran it once before :P

I think old pal ijagwalaafq also got caught out by this, as his uptime only appears to have been updated once.

Yes, it works. I was just pointing out it doesn't run as a daemon and it needs to be run from cron. I thought it ran as a daemon originally, so I just ran it once before :P

I think old pal ijagwalaafq also got caught out by this, as his uptime only appears to have been updated once.

502731[/snapback]

Yeah that an the linux box was the first one I ran it on. So I can't get it to work on my windwows box. Is there a way to change your OS? What i'd like to do is have ijagwalaafq_linux and ijagwalaafq_win or somthing like that. There has got to be an easier way to run more than one comp.

Ok mark applied enough peer pressure I'll turn it back on...

Yeah that an the linux box was the first one I ran it on. So I can't get it to work on my windwows box. Is there a way to change your OS? What i'd like to do is have ijagwalaafq_linux and ijagwalaafq_win or somthing like that. There has got to be an easier way to run more than one comp.

Ok mark applied enough peer pressure I'll turn it back on...

503225[/snapback]

Only way is to make two seperate accounts it seems.

There was someone above me with 30 days uptime, they've suddenly disappeared? Not that I am complaining much, I am at the top with both of my computers now :lol:

add me in on this im going to try t have a ton of uptime chalked up from my server im setting up at school, just going to get linux running on it and my laptop and have both of them 24/7

oh well, we'll get there. I just finished moving to a new house, and my main comp had to be shutdown so it could go into it's new desk/home. I was actually a bit ticked that I was gonna waste a 9-day uptime on it just to move it.... oh well...

at least my laptop can move easy...

oh well, we'll get there.  I just finished moving to a new house, and my main comp had to be shutdown so it could go into it's new desk/home.  I was actually a bit ticked that I was gonna waste a 9-day uptime on it just to move it....  oh well...

at least my laptop can move easy...

504569[/snapback]

lol, you're being beaten by taz and his Windows 98 box :D

It's going to be rather difficult to get a good average with lots of people, I think. We need >~100 days on average just to get in to the top 100... and we currently have a 9 day average in total... brr!!

LMAO... he was until I got a power outage :rolleyes:

505874[/snapback]

lol dang! Power cuts suck! I usually get them when my box reaches 100 days... in fact the most I have even seen my BSD box is 150 days odd I think, because of power cuts and lack of UPS :(

However, laptop = battery so.. I can keep that one going till it blue screens :D

k i have joined and i think i have set up the cron job correctly.

ok just to check - i typed crontab -e and then added this line right at the bottom of the file that opened and saved it:

27 * * * * /bin/yasuc

will that mean that it is run every 27 minutes?