Edit Iso For Overclockix

RimX

Hey

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this. please move if you feel it should be elsewhere. thanks

Well I'm trying to edit the client.cfg file in the iso file. But how do i do this and still be able to have the iso and burn it out....and the big thing is for free...I dont wanna have to buy winiso or other similar software. Also I would prefer not to have to re download it onto my linux box and work with it like that and i dont wanna waste a cd to move it over. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

im unsure of how to do that, i'm thinking you would probably have to burn put the image onto a disk and then edit the file - there is free software on the internet for burning ISO's to disk just google it or search www.download.com.

then if you wanted this in iso form again you would have to make an image of the disk - there is also free software that you can get to do this for you.

hope that helps with something

According to the creator of overclockix, U can open the iso using somthing like majic ISO. Then edit the client.cfg files. Important: the edited ISO MUST be the EXACT same size as to orinigal ISO. U accomplish this by deleting some of the blank spaces in the cliet files, until the files are the same # of bytes as the orinigals. IDK why this is the case but it is what it is. I'd recmoned using nero to burn the ISOs, I've made lots of costers using other programs. Also I've herd that 3.8 is a mess. I've had good luck with 3.7.