Sign in to follow this  
sYstEmATiC

Bf2 Plagued With Bugs

There is a link somewhere on the forums to a site called tweakguides or something who show you how to do a lot of things in BF2 including turn off the starting videos and enter a custom resolution. I will give you a quick explanation for the resolution.

Simply right click on your desktop BF2 shortcut go to properties, and where it says target simply enter +szx 1280 +szy 1024 at the end. (Numbers can be any resolution that you would like to run). Now, regardless of what the ingame settings are, you will run at the resolution you enter there. Edited by Nagash

Guest Silenc3
No Glitches, other then the occasional small newgame type, no login trouble, plays extremely smooth at 1280x1024.
Only beaf I have is the server menu system.

Think your complaining about your own issues.

[quote name='x mazz x' date='Jun 27 2005, 11:25 PM']mine runs great ... lol

AMD64 3500+
Radeon 9800Pro 128MB
1GB Ram
[right][snapback]499810[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What settings are you able to run the game at with that hardware. The computer my brother uses will have a similar setup. he has a 9800pro too and its getting an A64 to go w/ it. He wants a computer that can run the game. can you run at high settings? or at least medium?

yea my computer runs great too.

A64 3800+ w/ X800XT

You see here's the funny thing, i played 2hrs last nigt w/o a single problem, yet the tiem before that i played and i may as well have bene looking at a screenshot library bc that's all it would do. yet i was running the exact same settings....I ran max settigns in teh demo, but it seems to be less buggy with the "high" detail setting plus 2x AA still, It pisses me off. I wish SOMEBODY would release a game for PC that wasnt full of bugs at launch....

This is jsut the thing that concerns me about XBOX360, what will developers do with a bigger HDD that they could have you DL their patches after you bought a game that was buggy as hell. Oh well atleast on console everyone is SUPPOSED to be running the same hardware...

[quote name='CNUco2007' date='Jun 28 2005, 09:05 AM']What settings are you able to run the game at with that hardware. The computer my brother uses will have a similar setup. he has a 9800pro too and its getting an A64 to go w/ it. He wants a computer that can run the game. can you run at high settings? or at least medium?

yea my computer runs great too.

A64 3800+ w/ X800XT
[right][snapback]499963[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
medium easy :)

he'll be glad to hear that. right now its an old compaq system, about 6yrs old. it can 'barely' run the lowest settings. i think the only reason it can do anything is cuz it has a decent video card haha which is a recent upgrade

i didnt see this in the tweak guide but disabling VoIP sorted my lag issues full stop, a bit annyoning eh? (even in single player with net cable unpluged so it isnt any sort of upstream rate problem)

Runs great on my PC. =) No issues, just the server browser.

[url="http://www.overclockersclub.com/link/?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Greg/1.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Greg/1.jpg[/url]

I'd run it at 1280x1024, but I'm on a 15" CRT...no point in high resolutions with a 15" screen. There's no way in hell I'm gaming with my 17" 25ms BenQ LCD.