Hardcore

jbarnes

My definition of hardcore is 180+ BPM electronic dance music blasting through my speakers with the bass shaking the house. Songs such as Neophyte - Braincracking and Evil Activities vs The Viper - Project Hardcore are what I consider hardcore...

But I do like a bit of Rammstein and Linkin Park, if that counts...

I'll go get my coat.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like metallica, alice in chains, pantera and some other stuff of that sort.

497346[/snapback]

Woot! Me too! I love pantera, but they are not your typical metal/headbanger band. I can't put my finger on why, but I don't like most metal, just them. I'm more into Tool though. Best band ever.

BTW, jbarnes, are you implying that Warped is hardcore? I hope not....

I'm from Southern California. Around where I live the big thing seems to be the screamo music... Ahh, I can't stand that crap. I'm not big into bands and all that. When I want music I'll turn on Winamp Radio and listen to either Trance Techno Dance music, or if I'm not in that king of mood I'll listen to some Smooth Jazz. I'll listen to most anything else, just not rap or country.

Alright well I'm gunna take the next 10 minutes to make a list of some bands I listen to.. no doubt I'll forget some, and of course they're not all hardcore, but bear with me..

Inked in Blood, Throwdown, Nodes of Ranvier, Alove for Enemies, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Underoath (older), Sinai Beach, Thursday, Thrice, Symphony in Peril, Agony Scene, As I Lay Dying, Beloved, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Zao, Embraced, Demon Hunter, Comeback Kid, Hanover Saints, Haste the Day, Extol, Hopesfall, He is Legend, Pennywise, Juliana Theory, It Dies Today, Poison the Well, Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice, Still Breathing, Soul Embraced, Thrice, Trauma...

Heard of some of those bands the only one I really truely like is Pennywise. Hardcore just seems like another one of those horrible trends in music. And all my friends that listen to Metal can't stand that Hardcore kids associate themselves with Metal. I'm hoping this is just another trend like Disco that will die out and never come back.

Edit

And when it dies out I hope it takes Emo with it.

Edited by BloodySunday

I dont mind the music itself

but really the people is what pisses me off

especially these hardcore dancers who feel its a sport worthy of the olympics

It is funny to watch them jump around like sexually confused semi braindead ninjas

But they get annoying when they try to see how close they can get to people and end up kicking you in the face which has happened to me I saw the kid coming but refused to move

Also at the shows you see some weird people like the very gothic ones with the fish nets and crap some people seem to have issues maybe im just too closed minded either way I dont care

emo seems to be the cool thing to listen to and "dress" like around here.

warped is definitly not hardcore, comon the Offspring is playing it this year, im still going but it is not as good as it has been in previous years.

I listen to Thursday, Thrice, Underoath, Alexisonfire, The Bled, As I Lay Dying , Funeral for a Friend, Finch, Fear before the march of Flames, etc. Being in Jersey we get a wide variety of local bands that play at small clubs/venues. its pretty cool.