i have something coming from UPS, this is the schedule:

Package Progress:

Date/Time Location Activity

Jun 21, 2005 2:55 A.M. SAN PABLO, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Jun 20, 2005 10:49 P.M. SAN PABLO, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

9:20 P.M. SAN JOSE, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

8:46 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

7:17 P.M. SAN JOSE, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN

the Est. time of delivery is on the 27th of june, u think they can get it here by friday?

(its ground shipping)

lets say it gets to their station on friday, but wont deliever it, can i go and pick it up? or will they say that it has to be delievered first? cuz this a gift to my brother, im installing a new MP3 player in his car but hes leaving on friday to go back up to gainsville.

my experience with ups is that, if they say the 27th...it won't be there before. even if that means sitting in the disto center for 7 days.

496375[/snapback]

I was about to say the same thing. If they say the 27th, then it won't be there before - I've seen packages of mine sit at the distribution center for a day or two and then arrive on the stated date.

lets say it gets to their station on friday, but wont deliever it, can i go and pick it up? or will they say that it has to be delievered first? cuz this a gift to my brother, im installing a new MP3 player in his car but hes leaving on friday to go back up to gainsville.

496386[/snapback]

worth a shot. i've picked up packages from the distro center after missing the a delivery.

From my experience, UPS won't deliver any earlier, only on that specific date. FedEx, on the other hand, will deliver earlier. If they say Monday, depending on where the package was sent from, I can usually expect it on Friday afternoon.

I've never had UPS or FedEx deliver anything early. In fact, I had a package sit at the FedEx shipping center here in Knoxville for 2 days before it was delivered. I called up and asked if I could stop by and pick it up, and was told "no, it isn't scheduled to be delivered until Friday (it was Wednesday), and is still in the shipping container."

Two days later, I see a note hanging on my door that says they tried to deliver it, signature was required, and they couldn't leave it. So I still had to go to the FedEx location.

While most of my experiences with FedEx and UPS have been bad, I will say that FedEx managed to get my HP Laptop to me in two days. Considering it came from China, stopped in Alaska, and made it to Knoxville, that was pretty damn cool. :lol: