Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Help Me Please!

So he has a generic 450 PSU that died and now you are asking him to buy a generic 350 PSU???

Anyways back to topic. Getting the PSU for $97 is a good deal. I have an Antec 480 truepower for the past 2 years and i have no single problems at all. Antecs are good.

495974[/snapback]

cool, thanks for all the help. Im just going to get the antec for a good price. Im praying thats the prob! lol.... Ill keep it posted.

you should be praying that it didnt take anything else w/ it. haha i shorted something on my PCP&C and it went out w/ a pop. It handled the short for a while but i kept turnning the system back on trying to figure out what was wrong. then it just gave in and blew up haha. it took my motherboard and cpu w/ it too. plus my HDD is being wierd. im in the process of rma'ing it right now. in fact im installing the new one as i type. i need to sent the bad one back now.

*edit* btw, everything was under warrenty so it cost me like $40 to ship everything and it was all replaced. :)

did you do the paperclip trick to see if the psu was realy dead??

connect the umm i dont remmber sorry.. im sure somebody around here knows.

i think its like the orange and the grey wires but im not really sure its been a long time since i did it

um.... your using a pc right now????? im shure there is a psu in it, so swop it out and try it.......jeez

its the green one and the black one thats second on the right, let me say this easyer alright , there is one green wire, if you are looking at the connecter fromt the front there is a black wire to the right, you skip that wire and tehre is a nother form the right of that one thoughs are the two you jump with the paper clip.

Edited by pogs16a2

um.... your using a pc right now????? im shure there is a psu in it, so swop it out and try it.......jeez

its the green one and the black one thats second on the right, let me say this easyer alright , there is one green wire, if you are looking at the connecter fromt the front there is a black wire to the right, you skip that wire and tehre is  a nother form the right of that one thoughs are the two you jump with the paper clip.

496663[/snapback]

no, im on my laptop right now, lol. I would have just swapped if I had another pc around to see. But I am almost positive that its the PSU. I will know later today, when I get the new PSU.

EDIT: Thanks for all the suggestions and help here! I just got the true control 550 antec, and the psu was the problem. I was able to overclock successfully another 100 mhz! lol. I dont think that I will outgrow this psu any time soon. Never again for generic power supplies. I just took it for granted the cheap cost of generic over the quality of name brand. To think, I could have ruined a 250.00 video card for the sake of a 30.00 psu, lol. Once again, thanks again for all the input!