fire_storm

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He means this one:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?act=store

you buy stuff with points these are accuired though quizes and being active

One of the most asked questions is, "How do I get cash/points?" It's very easy! A few ways to get points in our store are: Posting Topics, Replying to Topics, Creating Polls, Visiting OCC, and Posting News (On our main page)

IMHO, most of the items are good, but some just dont seem right:

For example, banning a member for 2k points... or unbanning for 250points, arent people banned for a reason? and to unban someone for 250 points doesnt make sense. Also banning a member temporarily doesnt make sense either.

And stealing points off other members doesnt seem very right

The rest sounds pretty good though.. well mostly

I like the being able to close/open own threads, view others warning levels, tomatoe :lol:, lottery and bypass flood control (this is freaking cool :D)

I see you guys found the new OCC Store. I'll try and answer all of your questions and give you more information about how this new feature works.

Firestorm: As Roadkill has already quoted, points/money (not real money) is gained from being an active member. You will automatically gain points by participating in the OCC community be it, helping someone with a problem or posting news on our front page. You cannot "buy" points in anyway.

roadkill: Thanks for your feedback. The point system and OCC Store is in its early development stage and your feedback is greatly appreciated. The ban that you can purchase through the OCC Store will allow you to ban a member for only up to 1 day (You can choose to ban the user for less time, if you wish). It will take a lot of effort and time to reach 2,000 points to be able to ban someone. As for the "Unban" feature that you can purchase, you may NOT unban a member that was banned by the Admin, Staff, or Moderator. You may only unban a member that has been banned via the "Ban User" feature in the OCC Store. Hacking in to someone's bank has its limitations as well. You may only take so much money from ones bank account, but here's the catch: You are only given a specific success rate. For example, if the success rate is 80% you have an 80% chance of successfully hacking their bank account. If you fail to hack their bank account, the amount you were trying to hack from their account will automatically be deducted from YOUR account! So be careful!

BionicSniper: The Bypass Flood Control is permanent. As for the points that you have obtained, see above :)

Guys, be sure to deposit your points in to your bank account so you draw interest on your points! The default interest rate is 1% but you can increase this if you buy "Increase Interest" item from the store. Also, having a credit card will also give you an interest boost! Having a credit card allows you to purchase items from the store without having cash in your hands, it takes the money directly from your bank account (like a debit card). A good and safe way to buy items from our store without having to worry about another user pickpocketing you!

The point system and cost of items in the store will be adjusted as the economy develops. I may also increase the interest in the bank as I see fit.

As always, your feedback is very helpful in making this new feature successful.

But the iteam that does not seem right is to ban members even thought the richest person on the occ has only got 56 points but to ban members for fun does sound very fun for the person who gets banned.

lol, i think this is more of a experiment on economy. im not sure, credit cards are both bad and good in real life :D, once your in debt the cc company will try to keep you in there, i wanna work @ a cc company :lol:

GAHHHHH IM BROKE, stupid thing didnt work....