Legal, Free Way To Obtain Music

zone99

I'm wondering if anyone else besides me has figured out the BEST free, legal way to obtain music.

All you need is a sound card and an internet connection.

What you need to do is find an internet audio stream (such as realplayer or realrhapsody or windows media player or winamp or the band's website or........)

and then you open up whatever sound card bundle software came with your card

switch record setting to either mixed or record master

hit record

play the audio stream

stop recording when done

enjoy legal, high quality (not to mention FAST) way to obtain music.

My mom made me call an attorney to find out if it was legal and he told me yes, it was as long as i didn't sell it.

Who needs 2 mess around with illegal P2P servers or wait for downloads or search on the various mp3 sites for the file you WANT

(i e: mp3shits.com. altavista.net audio search, mp3search.com, espew.com, sirfindalot.com mp3 search, airmp3.com..........)

If anyone is interested, my old 16 bit sound card is sitting in the closet and i'll put it on ebay for you.

I know so much cuz I might become a recording engineer.

Edited by zone99

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately it dont always work, winamp used to do that when u used it to record off itunes, but i think apple fixed that.

493640[/snapback]

there is plenty of DRM removal apps out there anyways... I wont name any though... so again, better method not involving SC wins...

Yeah, I went with big, fast HDs so I could listen to everything as WAVs. With a good soundcard + nice headphones/speakers, it makes all the difference.

493646[/snapback]

and why do you use WAV... Im just curious, there are plenty of loseless codecs out... SHN being my personal favorite...

internet audio streams arent the highest of quality either

493641[/snapback]

RealRhapsody, which I used (months and months of free trials) until they got smart on me has EXCELLENT streams

The Featured RealAudio streams are excellent (so are most music videos)

Also bands' websites feature streaming audio and some are dumb enough to put entire albums on. Once Windows Media Player featured the entire of the Beastie Boys' new album, To the Five Boroughs, and I was ecstatic.

Yeah, I went with big, fast HDs so I could listen to everything as WAVs. With a good soundcard + nice headphones/speakers, it makes all the difference.

493646[/snapback]

Download.com has great free wav to mp3 converters

and actually i donty think it is legal to do it that way. because it was never licenced for you to have but only to use *i know that kinda doesn't make sence the way i worded it*

493654[/snapback]

I called an atterney that dealt with technology and copyrights. This is one of the very few legal ways to bootleg.

Edited by zone99

when a band puts their whole album on their site, which happens quite often, i believe you should have full right to download and burn 1000000000 cd's and even sell them if u want... it was GIVEN to you