Sign in to follow this  
hardnrg

Attention All Uk Members!

well as you may know, labour has been voted back in, and they are still up for giving us all ID cards... more info

if you think this hinders your civil liberties then please sign the petition!

the theory of them is all well and good... having to fork out somewhere around 100 quid for each card in either up-front cash or indirectly through tax is the problem... and you have to pay for a new card when you move house... i've moved house about 16 times in the last 8 years...

just seems like a hell of a lot of money needed from both individuals, taxpayers, and the government, for a system of identification that we don't really need...

hardnrg is a conservative!

lol j/k (unless you are <_<)

i'm totally for ID cards. personally though i think there should be a massive central database will all our data accessible to the police and other security services, as well as hospitals and doctors, and all police, etc... carry retinal scanners, thus eliminating the need for ID cards, drivers licenses, atm cards, passports and stuff. but that'll never happen.

sod the id cards -- the government said that they "couldnt guarantee" that details WOULDNT be sold the third party companies in the future to make money fro the g'ment itself.

sounds like a serious DPA problem to me...there is no way in hell they can make it work, just like their dumb-butt idea of charging people per mile on their journey - are they are trying to tell me that from southampton to liverpool in daylight will cost me

hey, here in the US, the govt makes loads of money off us selling personal info (maybe not exactly, but you get the picture), now micrsoft, intel, and a few other companies with the govt and comming together to form an extremist form of DMR, called TCG (trusted computing group). theres a chip on newer boards in the future where is suppoesdly automatically eraes illegal mp3s and other files, and data that isnt "certified" will be deleted, and computers are easeir to gain access to remotely (gov likes this). i found this on cnet.com search thier forum, might be under the antitrust issue between ibm and microsft. its all about the money, even at the risk of security and safety.

edit: one of the reasons microsoft is for this is because bill gates said "we will make china pay" oh well there will ALWAYS be piracy. in my view id let china have it since all windows o/s are flawed... and i think amd opted in to this thing too.

oh my gosh it would be like living in half-life two's city 17 in a police state where if you don't have ID you get beaten, then you have to pay for it! :lol:

ID cards would suck! glad i'm in the USA!

Hmmm mandatory national identification cards. I think Himmler and his buddies got a lot of mileage out of those.

Hmmm mandatory national identification cards. I think Himmler and his buddies got a lot of mileage out of those.

504781[/snapback]

himmler was a chicken farmer, don't you know? :lol:

britain is crappy. don't bother visiting.