Sign in to follow this  
swifty11212

Fedora

ok how the bloody hell do i use wine :lol: i was able to install quake 3 and counter strike (not source) and i cant run them, i dont understand the intructions well ( very impaitient) and will wine work with fc4 and/or is there another app to let me play my windows games upon linux. help me please hehe.

quake 3 and quake 2 work nativly as does doom 3 but wine.....just no man........

that thing is soooo hard to understand! I tried it for half-life 2 and gave up.

I thought that you couldn't get any distros to work?

495362[/snapback]

well, i installed fedora on a different computer, it worked, also i was able to get fedora on my main rig, this what you do, install fedora on another computer, and then put that hdd in your rig, fedora should boot up on your nf3 rig, it will give some warning about missing hardware and new hardware, you will need to skip this, it will hang around this step, bypass and within root, configure the setting, hope this helps. as for wine, its a pain.

I don't have anything else to put it on. I tried Fedora, and it worked worse than some of the others. I was told it was one of the most complete distros. I can get SuSE 9.2 to start to work, kind of, and then I have to config it all. I just don't have time. Good luck with your new install, I have heard good things about wine, I just don't have any advise for you about it as I have never used it.

You probably won't be able to get CounterStrike working with Wine. The original half life install does fine in Wine because it doesn't use Steam. To use Steam in Linux you will have to use Cedega. There are tutorials all over the net on how to get Steam working with Cedega.