Modded My Gf2mx200

crash

Well I finally did it, I modded my GF2MX200 video card! It took a lot of patience and skill but I think it will perform well :) You'll notice that the card is now VERY streamlined, all un-neccessarry components were removed so as to keep the heat down. I like to think of video cards like cars, they come from the factory with lots of pollution controlls that inhibit performance, I just STUCK it to the factoy!

I even took the time to lap the GPU as to get a lower temp. The sandpaper was too slow so I used the grinder attachment for my dremel. BE CAREFULL when using a dremel on a GPU! One slip and you will be buying a new video card!

Man I can't wait to see how this baby performs. BTW I have 2 caps, a BIOS chip, some black things, daughter board pins and 32MB of video ram for sale if anyone wants to add some performace to their vid card.

Poor video card, may it rest in peace.

Now lets all observe a moment of silence...

GPU keychain anyone? :D

492725[/snapback]

I tried to get it off but I couldn't... CRAP!! I need another dead card to try and get the GPU off! I think if I take a razor blade and hammer it under the GPU.......

Or make a bowl out of aluminum foil, put it in the grill, add some gas and light.  Let it burn all the gas off, then use some tongs to take the core off.

492843[/snapback]

Yup, thats the fun way to do it :D .

Heres a tutorial on it with pictures :) .