The Rig That Held 3dmark Score

the crossfire card is the same as a regular card, but with the special hardware for connecting the cards.  So it is two normal cards (+ some extra stuff on one)

492009[/snapback]

Not eXactly...but almost :P

I think the Crossfire X850 is actualy an X850XT (or even PE?) with the Crossfire Stuff on it. It will disable 4 pipes if paired with an X850 Pro.

Then you got X800 Crossfire 128mb & 256mb, I think there X800XTs? Not 100% on that tho... :blush::blush:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I find cool about crossfire is that is it cross compatible with multiple cards. For example you don't have to match twin x850xt's. The crossfire card disables pipes, etc. to match whatever card it is paired with.

The crossfire x850s are x850xt's, and the crossfire x800's are x800xls, so it can be 2 x850xts.

The mixing and matching is a great feature, and yes holo, I know nobody said sli was faster, there were just doubts as to its performance. Calm down, we know you love nvidia :P - we just have to see what their answer to crossfire will be, because frankly, they would be in a bad place if it were to come out in tomorrow against 6800's in sli.

But, as Petez sums it up best : "anyways....thats all off topic... :ph34r: "

:D

One thing I find cool about crossfire is that is it cross compatible with multiple cards. For example you don't have to match twin x850xt's. The crossfire card disables pipes, etc. to match whatever card it is paired with.

492244[/snapback]

that doesnt sound too awesome to me though.. you're lowering the performance of one of the cards, not to its fullest potential.. and yes ur adding another card, which will be fast.. but theres still that 1 card being brought down.. i like the idea of having the connectors outside of the card, the little white cables, but thats about it

Thats about it?

What is there NOT to like??

Infact, from what I have read, Crossfire is better than SLi in EVERY way possible.

ITs Faster. Has better profiles, allows eXtra AA, allows miX and match or graphics cards. (so if you already have an X850 Pro, you can still go crossfire without having to fork out for 2 X850XTs, granted it wont be running the Crossfire card to its full, but you will have saved yourself alot of money by keeping your X850 Pro, and just causes its POSSIBLE to mix and match dosent mean you have to. You can still do like SLi, and buy a X850 Crossfire + X850XT = 2 x X850XT)

So, from what I have read, there is nothing in which SLi outperforms Crossfire. Of course nothing is certain till realse.

anyways..where still way off topic :O