Official Battlefield 2 Beta Discussion Thread

bigr5026

BF 1942 got me back into gaming, nuff said

I never played DC that much, Don't know why, Guess I never got the hang of the Mod,

BFV was terrible. All I ever managed to do was get killed in a hail of gunfire while trying to change the radio station in my jeep.

BF2, Awsome! It is funny how graphics evolve, The whole world just seems a bit more alive and real. Plus, unlike DC, I can play this one without getting killed every 2 seconds...most of the time.

My handle is _General_Liability_ same as BF 1942, because I really stunk at first. Not great now, but no longer a liability....

Have not gotten VOIP to work, but looking for the right set of headphones,

Probably going to go with the DPS 500's about $54 at ZZF.

I pre-ordered the game and I am hoping it shows up on the 22nd

CPU_Cooker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played it. I think it's pretty cool, never even played the first one though. Runs well on my system providing the texture detail is on medium. The lighting and floor textures are a bit screwed, but I think that's because I didn't install the latest drivers ( don't trust them :) )

Me and some other guy were running for posession of a helicopter - I got there first. His response was to stick C4 all over the chopper so when I took off he blew it up...

491571[/snapback]

I think I'm gonna try it out just because of your post - thats hilarious! :lol:

While i still had my 6600GT i thought the graphics werent as good as they could be aswell, but it still provided an excellent gamiing experince at 800x600 and medium.

Just to see if they made it just like in the trailer i turned all the settings to max. Well needless to say i got maybe 1-2 fps. However the guns sounded great, and everything looked awesome. I ordered a 6800GT. I hope it will be here by friday so i can give er.

While i still had my 6600GT i thought the graphics werent as good as they could be aswell, but it still provided an excellent gamiing experince at 800x600 and medium.

Just to see if they made it just like in the trailer i turned all the settings to max. Well needless to say i got maybe 1-2 fps. However the guns sounded great, and everything looked awesome. I ordered a 6800GT. I hope it will be here by friday so i can give er.

492233[/snapback]

You seriously had to drop it to 800x600/medium on a 6600gt, or you were just saying that its still fun with those settings?

If you had to that would make it more demanding then doom3, and not a good thing for my 9800pro :lol:

You seriously had to drop it to 800x600/medium on a 6600gt, or you were just saying that its still fun with those settings?

If you had to that would make it more demanding then doom3, and not a good thing for my 9800pro  :lol:

492235[/snapback]

Hopefully not. If he did... well, there goes the theory about the 6600GT being just as good as / better than a 6800NU :P

i was playing the demo yesterday and my suspicions were confirmed, i need a new rig. it was kind of choppy and at times i would lose control. cant wait to get a new computer and play this