Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Ocz Modstream 520 Opinions Plz

Hey all, I was experimenting around with an unlocked barton xp 2500+, and got it to around 2.41 ghz with 1.85V (ps i suspect is the prob here, as cpu-z states it flutters from 1.824-1.85), its just a generic brand 430 watt job..... and I was wondering about the OCZ powersupply.. I can get it to post @ 2520 MHZ in the bios, but I cant get past that.. It wont go to windows, or it just blue screens out. I loosened all ram timings (corsair XMS). I was wondering if the 100 bux would help any to squeeze all of the power out of the little xp chip as I can. Or do you think it would be a lost cause? I have read a few reviews on this power suppy, and they recieved very good results, but I was wondering if I can get some real world peoples opinions here, as I dont know the makers of the reviews that I read, and I dont know if they are just saying that to sell the product. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

It isnt the greatest power suply; it cant handle very heavy loads, but it will definatly be sufficient for your system.

O yes and 12.82 is still in safe :)

Can I just say that vcore fluctuation is pretty normal. A droop mod, which is done to your motherboard, may help a little tiny bit. 0.026v fluctuation isn't that bad bad. I'm getting 0.02v with a droop mod.