Sign in to follow this  
zone99

Fps Games Recommendations, Help!

thanks, looks pretty good. keep the suggestions coming guys!

491592[/snapback]

Battlefield2! :P

Go preorder now.

you can get the demo on eagames.com

Although your system may not be able to play it, try the demo first.

DOOM 3 you nincompoops (Lol and I have my copy for sale if u want it, mint condition)

the army wrecked americas army after like 2 patches... they totoally wrecked how it played

id try tribes 2 and tribes vengance! absofreakinlutly aswome games

490717[/snapback]

:withstupid:

i played Tribes 2 back in the day, now i play Tribes:Vengeance

Why has no one recommended Call of Duty?

493108[/snapback]

could it be because he said he didnt like military games?

sometimes reading a whole post comes in handy guys try sometime you mite like it

Invest some money buy a better AGP graphics card, then buy, not download farcry its like less then 20 $, and its freaking amazing. Youll need a good GPU for it.

You won't be able to enjoy many good FPS without a good Graphics card like i said, Especially FarCry most GPU intensive FPS Ive ever seen, and I haven't seen many mind you.

Get FarCry now. Skip the New Graphics card.

My brother is playong FarCry on a PIII 1Ghz, 512MB Ram + a NASTY GeForce 4 MX440 64mb.

He has it on Lowest detail @ 1024 x 768 and gets about 40~ FPS

Get FarCry now. Skip the New Graphics card.

My brother is playong FarCry on a PIII 1Ghz, 512MB Ram + a NASTY GeForce 4 MX440 64mb.

He has it on Lowest detail @ 1024 x 768 and gets about 40~ FPS

493364[/snapback]

I woulda said that however, I think that hes the kinda guy who would really only enjoy a game Like FarCry on some of the higher settings, chit, my 9600 XT, can't even handle it on max settings. I had to put water, lighting and some other setting to low, to keep from freezing.

I would say Halo is a great option, and i dont see how your system cant play it....my HP used to play it with a 1.8 celeron, 512 PC2100 and Intel Integrated just fine (sounds like intel integrated is what you have based on what my laptop does with farcry)

I didnt notice if you had already played it and just though about BF 1942 (persoanlly prefer with the Desert Combat mod)

Also what are you full system specs, it helps to know what IS compatable when you say so many games arent....

How about Delta force:Black hawk down? Fun game single player or online in my opinion.

If you have a Gamecube then I reccomend Metroid prime.

i gave up with the friggin AGP port. i bet when the guys were settin up my grandparent's computer (they gave this 2 me) the guys probably spilled something on it and said oh well i highly doubt that they will ever install a graphics card.

so i spent $50 on a refurbished 128MB Chaintech PCI Card. It'll arrive on tuesday and will be friggin awesome.

oh and i deleted far cry for space so i'm gonna play star wars KOTOR and Dues Ex 2 and when i'm done with either one i'm gonna do far cry.

keep the suggestions coming!

(and thank you, man, for pointing out that you should read a forum before responding to it)

.....................................................................................................................

oh right, system specs:

Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz

Memory: 392 (i started out with even less, and i'm not spending another $40)

Graphics as of Tuesday: 128MB Chaintech PCI card

Sound Card: 32bit Creative Live! (given to me by the owner of this account, nice guy)

Edited by zone99