Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ham Cake

Best Mp3 Under $300

Well i'm been saving up for a mp3 player and i'm having a little doubts if 20 gb will be big enough for all my music and some files (kool programs let you use it as a HD) so if anyone has anything to say about it i would surely love the help

Ham Cake,

PS mods if this doesn't belong here move it, ty in advance

I know a 20 gig won't be big enoug for me either. I'm planning on getting a 60 gig player this fall, but I haven't decided what player I'm going to go with. I need to go play with them at Best Buy or something. :)

I personally have a 4th Gen iPod. It's a 20GB one that I got for less than $300 (thank you educational discount :D )

What exactly are your needs? Do you need it for when you exercise? While driving? Listening to at school?

If you want a lot of features for the price, then I would suggest staying away from the iPod (I love mine, wouldn't trade it for anything else). You won't find things like line-in or memo recording built in (you can get these options as accessories). If you prefer style over function, then iPod all the way. I've tried other players (Dell DJ, those iRiver ones, Rio Karma) and personally believe that the iPod's interface is the easiest to use, along with iTunes.

Edit: Just to show how much I recommend the iPod, I'm currently on my second one. After my first one finally gave out (went strong for two years till I started dropping it everywhere at college) I thought about switching to another brand. But I knew that no other player could rival the iPod and I went straight to the Apple store and got one for $280 with the educational discount. More than $100 less than the last one I bought. :)

Guest Jeremy

I'm in the same position as you, I know 20GB won't be enough, and I don't wanna spend a lot of money. Right now i'm considering a Xen Jukebox.

well, pretty soon school will start and i'll want it for basicly listening needs. I don't need a voice recorder or a FM recorder. I want to fit as much as possible on it, so i want at least a 40 gb, the Zen Touch does have a 40 gb and the Nomad Zen has 60 gb and the nomad is about 40 dollars cheaper but it doesn't have enough features like a touch wheel. (it has a jog dial) and thats about $290 off of bizrate/pircewatch. So i'll need up getting that. I'm also cheaking the ipod photo w/ education disccount, see if i can afford the 60 gb, (not likly) thanks for your help and i'll tell you guys all about it.

~Ham Cake