Sign in to follow this  
zone99

Integrated To Agp Problem

I just got a GeForce2 mx 400 video card that has worked in an older computer. When i put it in my computer, the bios does not recognize it....and nothing i have installed will help. When i use a tool that was on a cd for my graphics card(evga Nvidia install disc) it says that the motherboard agp version is 0.0, and agp drivers not installed(then i used its tool to install it)....when i run that program on the older computer it says that the agp version is 1.0

the computer is a IBM think centre..its about 2 years old

Edited by zone99

Two things to try:

1. Grab the newest chipset and AGP drivers for that chipset.

2. Reset the CMOS (pull the battery) and make sure AGP is set in BIOS.

Post back if that doesn't help.

ok well i reset the cmos(twice)....and i also have the updated drivers for the card, and i just flashed the mobo with the newest bios....any other ideas?

Right now i am thinking that the problem is on the motherboard, because i think there might be a jumper that enables the agp, not sure though.....

I also tested the card in another computer, and it works fine...

I just got a GeForce2 mx 400 video card that has worked in an older computer. When i put it in my computer, the bios does not recognize it....and nothing i have installed will help. When i use a tool that was on a cd for my graphics card(evga Nvidia install disc) it says that the motherboard agp version is 0.0, and agp drivers not installed(then i used its tool to install it)....when i run that program on the older computer it says that the agp version is 1.0

the computer is a IBM think centre..its about 2 years old

489230[/snapback]

That is an AGP 1.0 card is it not? If it is the mobo will run at AGP 1.0 specs.

That is an AGP 1.0 card is it not?  If it is the mobo will run at AGP 1.0 specs.

490118[/snapback]

Yeah. I wish i could put a screenshot of the EVGA disk installation. On this computer, it says AGP version 0.0 right before you install, and then you click install AGP drivers. Afterwards there is no effect. On the computer to my right, where it worked for a year, it says AGP version 1.0 before you install the drivers. Also on my friend's computer where it worked, it also said AGP version 1.0.

So yes, 0.0 means it's messed up and 1.0 means good. My problem is getting it to say 1.0.... (submitted by the guy with a problem, zone99 has been submitting everything else)