Calming Music?

Vampire

I like to listen to Moby when Im not in the mood for some of the heavier stuff and fast paced techno. Any song by Moby is gold. I like "Porcelain" the best I'd say.

What about you?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm i listin to calming music alot :D mostly when im depresed, sad, or just not in the mood for fast passed music

u2, everlast, lost prophets, jack johnson, ect. (cant think its late) :)

Some stuff a little older for me: Dead Can Dance, Swans, This Mortal Coil, Nick cave and the Bad Seeds(Murder Ballads is fun;-) ). Most of this is ten to twenty years old tho. Besides agreeing on Moby I'm not up on the newer stuff. I used to love Kitaro, too.

Mostly old country music - I've got a playlist for just that. Mostly Waylon, Hank, Patsy Cline, etc. Then again, I'm old too - and it sounds best in old tinny headphones for the old AM radio / phonograph effect :music:

1. Vague Voices - Valve

2. Electric Guitar Ambience - Valve

3. Protect the Dream - Grover Washington, Jr

4. Smiles And Smiles To Go - Larry Carlton

5. Got It Goin' On - Boney James

6. Red Baron - Lee Ritenour

7. It's a Shame - Paul Jackson, Jr.

• 1 month later...

Usually some Epic Trance, like The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia. Or some Euphoric Ibiza Trance/Balearic House. Like Chicane - Saltwater. Or, the more Euphoric remix, Chicane - Saltwater(The Thrillseekers Remix).

However, nothing beats Go Go Girls - O Sole Mio. I'll post a sample later, since I'm guessing I'm the only one here who listens to Eurobeat.

Hmmm.. stuff that isn't too heavy eh.

Still depends on the mood, and I'm probably gonna miss alot of really good stuff out but here are a few things.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Some of Radioheads more chilled stuff

Bjork (again, some of her more relaxed things)

Portishead - Dummy (nicely melancholy)

The Beach Boys.. Friends/20-20.. but it has to be sunny

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Bob Marley is nice to kick back to from time to time

Loads of other stuff... Eric Bibb, Some Classical.. and I have been know to listen to a bit of Norah Jones, but shhhh keep it quiet. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Frou Frou

The Shins

Coldplay

Jason Mraz

Zero 7

Thievery Corporation

Massive Attack

The Postal Service

Just to name a few.  These kinda stuff puts me to sleep real well.

515576[/snapback]

I would have to agree with every selection on your list. I like to add Switchfoot (they have a few good ones like Economy of Mercy and Let That Be Enough), Finger Eleven (they have like 2 really good calming songs: Therapy and Thousand Mile Wish), and a few songs by Hoobastank (Disappear, To Be With You, and Unaffected). I also have a bunch of slow trance songs along with a bunch of slow Indian music that's really relaxing.

Oh btw, KB, my suitemate from last year absolutely loved Eurobeat. He gave me some of his music as a sampler and I'd have to agree, it's some great stuff.