Sign in to follow this  
Onyks

Good Vid Card For Dv Editing?

My bro wants me to build him a computer. its mostly for digtital video editing, its gonna be a p4 3.0 or 3.2. the rest ill help him with. the board im thinkin of is an msi board with pci-express. he has a limited budget so under 150 maybe even under 100 (usd).

any other help with things i "have to have" for digital video editing would be nice. i dont know a whole lot about dv editing so any help would be appreciated.

Thx!

if you're talking about DV as in input from a DV camera... all you need is a firewire port. $15 will do just fine.

Go with an ATI All-in-Wonder card or an ATI card and a Tuner. Most motherboards have Firewire on them but if you have to you can pick up a firewire card like bigred said.

he needs a new computer and i was wondering what is a good vid card for video playback and encoding etc. good quality and what not

my mom was talking to me earlier so yea that makes very littles sense now that i look at it. ya i have a leftover firewire port from my rig so im good there.

EDIT: and links would be nice :P but are not required or anything

EDIT2 : heres what i found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102463

id like somethin like that but a tad cheaper? i already looked for the specific card a bit cheaper

and a hard drive that can take constant +/- of data without dying. i may go with dual raptors but im working them in on the budget

Edited by Onyks