Screwed Up Display

hi ppl....

how r u guys....i have a problem here for which i would like to have a quick solution without thinking too much about it.....

just bought a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB 256Byte card.....

dumped the stock HSF and threw in a brand new ThermalTake Giant III after applying a generous coating of Arctic Silver 5 everywhere i should....(followed the instruction to the letter for the first time in my life.... :blush: )

problem is.... i fix everything in and then proceed with the grand finale of switch on of the cpu.....

asndijsndjdvdjivnenjn the dislpay shows me a lot of garble and garbage and nothing else.... system continues to boot regularly like it didnt have a care in the world..... but on the display there is only crap and more crap......

maybe something wrong with cycle time of the monitor? but the monitor is relatively new (about a year at the max) 17" either Samsung Syncmaster or Philips monitor.....sorry guys really dozy now and dont remember that well.....

what could be the problem?

can someone help?

any ideas ppl?

:withstupid::foldon:

try reseating your vidio card

487812[/snapback]

what do u mean by reseating fire? do i hve to like remove and reinstall the card or what?

is that really the problem? or could something else be causing it the problem?

any ideas ppl?

:withstupid::foldon:

hey!!! can some1 help here? either my question and problem was too flimsy to justify a response or most ppl have gone 2 sleep....ANYONE...someone.... help me out here willya....

Edited by cyrixMII300