Sign in to follow this  
Savan

New Pelt Concept

Considering a A64 proccy under full load dissapates 89watts, I think a 80 watt pelt would be fine to chill the water a bit :)

And with a passive WC setup the water temp is nowhere near 60C.  Check out some reviews first on the reserator and swiftech, (I think its them that has the new one, it was posted on this site a while back, stayed at 35C)

And I would still use a rad, just pelt to chill the water before it hits proccy.  And you would be fine to use a aircooled HS to cool the pelt considering even a stock HS is rated for aroun 100W.

487913[/snapback]

what slaver said is absolutely true....it never is a direct translation between rating of a pelt and the heat production from a CPU.....you have to consider heat losses and also the heat transfer coeeficient.....

also the temperature of the water IS (exiting the CPU) going to be high....but its going to be about 2 to 3 degrees lower than that of the CPU temp....this is so since if the water is any hotter than the CPU its not going to remove heat but rather add on to it.....

I think that my last post is what Savan was describing, in that the pelt is not a major part of the heat transfer cycle, but a helper.

u some sort of engineer rabbit? u seem to have got the whole concept right.....and this is how even industrial coolers work....one primary cooler with an auxiliary cooler for support..... :D

:withstupid::foldon: