Dashboard?

If I got a buncha gauges and crap, should i make my computer case look like a dashboard?

Zoom-zoom:

Mr Black Cat

Sure, as long as you keep it neat. You wouldn't want it to just look like a buncha gauges strapped to your case. Make sure the gauges work too. It'd be stupid to just have them sit there.

It would look nice

I think i saw only one other case that used a lot of those needle type guage

Anyway it would not be the usual that's for sure loll :lol:turon.gif

Guest Raven65

Dashboard. I've never seen one of those make sure you post a pic when your done.

Panel, not dash...panel has gauges, dash is top.... i think.....I don't work on cars or even leave my house much except to see my freinds or school. And by the way, it was just a thought, but now, it doesn't sound like a bad idea....

I am too tired and bored now:

Mr Black Cat

if you could hook up the cpu fan speed to the tachometer (the one that measures rpm) that'd be ace! :D

487737[/snapback]

Awesome!

I would definately do this, except I lack motivation....

Well that was certainly unprompted....

Why the crap do you always say your status like " Black Cat: Bored" stop that shiz. Are you trying to look like an anonymous hacker or something ?? cuz we don't give a shiz

488080[/snapback]

I think he was responding to my comment that I'm too unmotivated to do the mod we were discussing.....

Jebus.... nice guy.....

xoxide have a tachometer that also has a serial cable so you can draw a graph...

http://www.xoxide.com/pctachometer1.html

seems a bit overkill and pricey to me...

** edit ** the xoxide tachometer measures cpu usage, not fan speed

i'd rather go for the cheap option and make my own one (without the stupid serial thing)

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/devic...-tachometer.htm

so i'd make that circuit and calibrate a tachometer from the local scrapyard - i'm thinking one that redlines around 6000 rpm to match my tornado - and then calibrate it so it matches up...

the electronic parts would be pocket change, and the scrap tachometer would probably be dead cheap too... also a proper car tachometer would have backlights already fitted or at least have translucent white marks/numbers ready to mod some LED's back there...

if i had more time i'd love to do a mod like this... as it stands i already have a backlog of mods and all the materials/parts to do it...

stupid time