Sign in to follow this  
Savan

Ati Warning

If you have an X800XT, and you are using ATI Tool, I dont recomend seting the core over 540, when I did, I smelled smoke. I emediatly set it to default, and sprayed the card with a compresed air can I had next to the comp.I was lucy. If you set it over 540, be careful!

Guest Silenc3

I can do 535 with a pro. I really doubt all them XT's cant go over 540 :P

Umm, this doesn't really mean much. Are you on stock cooling or aftermarket? What are your case temps? What sort of airflow do you have?

I mean, somebody could WC that sucker and could very well go above and beyond 540MHz on the core. Some people could just get a very good OCing card. Then there are those people who would find it hard to get to 500MHz even with great cooling. It's a combination of a luck of the draw and the type of cooling you have that determines how far you can OC.

yeah i wouldnt judge a company on one card's fault.. (i wish everyone understood that)

Ive gotten mine to work over that 550/550 and works fine but i have a zalman cooler on it so that might make a differnce. I use ati tray tools lots of goodies in there for tweaking the cards timing which i dont recomend unless you know what your doing. better alternative to ati tools. so check it out.

Edited by =NOVA=