Virus On The Internet

mikeock

Has anyone had slow internet lately?

the reason why is realted to a worn that is floating around called the w32.sqlwxp.worm that is ddos from any system that is not protected running microsoft sql.

I hate people.. all they do is make virii, and spread it around on the net... Its like I DONT have enough to worrie about.. other then.. is my comp infected..

Speaking of virus's I always told all my people make sure u keep windows updated.. and I lived by that rule for 5 years.. and.. well this last reformat I had I never updated 2k.. so I was running 2k with no service packs at all.. and I kept getting these netsend msgs over the net.. and.. I actaully read on recently.. like 2 weeks ago.. and it said from TIMMY to (my ip address) Win-Trojen C:\winnt\system32\ocxdll.exe.

and I thought to my self... hell naw... checked it out.. and this file was sitting there.. I went on google typed in "free anti-virus" got some software, and it turns out i had 14 virus's on my comp.. all realated to that file.. I have no idea what the virus did.. well I do it was basicly a backdoor.. someone was leeching files off me.. I found a log lol.. guess they dident have enough mp3s or something.. but it was weird.. so.. I got sp3 up and running now.. and I am having no problems.. no virus's