Static-x And Techno

Does anyone ever listen to Static-X? or various techno groups? I think I am just a freak...NO ONE HAS EVER FREAKIN HEARD OF STATIC-X IN MY STATE!!!ARRRRGH!!!!!

*that felt good to let it all out*

STILL ANGRY THAT NONE LISTEN:

MR BL*ahem* Mr Black Cat

of course! my g/f listens but its not my thing so much. i do like some of the songs though. im not too entertained by techno cuz id rather sing to somethin than hear loud things over and over.

if it features an 808 or 909 kick drum and some bleepy noises, and isn't cheesy chart pop, i'll probably like it

i prefer the harder, or more meatier forms of techno/trance and breaks/drum-n-bass... dark or strange is good... although light-hearted and funny can be good too

i listen to TOO MUCH music to remember ALL the artists since i have like 400 cds and 150 12" records about 50 tapes, and i don't even know how many mp3s/oggs...

so i might have heard Static X... i know i've heard of Eat Static... lol... the fact that they both share "Static" in their name is probably where the similarities end tho...

i listen to, mix (turntables), and have produced various forms of techno/trance so i'd say i'm up there on the list of techno occ'ers :music: there are a fair few others on occ who are into electronic music too... :D

First off....Static-X ain't techno, All I said was if anyone listened to static-x or various techno groups, I wasn't lumping the groups together......

AND LONG LIVE THE TECHNO! I don't carre if it really is just a buncha bass beats, odd sci-fi quotes and high beepy noises....it's the beat that makes it cool.

BA-DUMbeepBA-DUMbeepbeepBA-DUMbeepBA-DUMbeepbeepbeeeeebeepBA-DUM BA-DUMbeepbeepBA-DUMbeepBA-DUM"We need to get outta here!"

Mr Black Cat

Hehe, I have heard Static-X, and you're right, they're NOT techno. Definately sounds like an electronic drum beat though, so I could see the linkage. I can't say I've heard anything from them in the last 3-4 years though, I thought they kinda died out....

As far as techno, I like the meaner stuff. Jungle, Drum n Bass, that style. You can keep your house music to yourself :)

I have to say though, my appreciation for techno TRIPLED when I played with my first set of tables. That . is NOT easy! A person that has a good creative ear for mixes can be fun to just plain WATCH, even if you can't hear the music. And now, when I see those hip hop DJ's doing cuts and scratches, I can appreciate how much talent that really takes.

Slipknot

488077[/snapback]

I prefer my rockers sans-masks and makeup. Those guys would actually be good if they'd stop trying so %$#& hard. You shouldn't have to market metal, and if you do, it's not metal.

A couple years ago I went through a Static-X phase where that is all I listened to. They have some really good tunes with sweet beats, but by no means are they techno like others have said.

And lately I've been listening to some In Flames due to others suggestions on this board, and I like alot, thanks for the recommendation people, you know who you are.