Which Is The Best Card?

hi ppl....

just looking for some opinions here.....i have a Asus A9550GE 128MB DDR display currently...i am in the process of trying to overclock it and have downloaded the drivers from omegadrives and also ATitool.... but then i am sitting down and wondering about it all.....

y overclock this card? every1 seems to say that this is one lousy piece of work...and guess i made a mistake when i bought it... frankly speaking i would love to make it up to my lady....

what i wanna know is... which is the better card? an Ati or Nvidia (i have used both and found the Ati better) especially for PCI Express.... and which manufacturer? Asus?Sapphire? Leadtek?

my budget is about 100 to 200 USD....but i am willing to up the budget a bit more provided i can get a dang good card for the money...

my requirement is the card must be danged good in terms of capabilities and i can still find it in the market after 6 mths....and more importantly the card must be overclockable.....

already system running at 3.3 instead of intended 3.0 and will be pushing to 3.8 before the end of the week....

can any1 advise?

any ideas ppl

:withstupid::foldon:

Guest Raven65

I personally like the Nvidia. But as I said in a post about Hd's, You ask 20 people you'll get 20 different answers. Also I like XFX. Ask other people they'll tell you BFG. Another great card. But XFX is my Preference.

Next you mentioned PCI-E do you have a Mobo that has a PCI-e slot? If not you can't use it.

You don't have your puter specs in your sig.

well...for a budget between 100 and 200 there's not really much i can say...don't spend less than 200 on an nvidia (unless it's a 6600gt and it's a good deal =P)

my best suggestion would be a 9800pro 128meg...it's what i have and it ROCKS! make sure it's the PRO with 256bit memory.

well....

i sure didnt know whether my mobo has a pci express slot though i was thinking that i might have some prbs with that thorny issue.....

anyway, my pc specs are as follows;

P4 3.06GHz Pressie @ 3.3GHz

Corsair PC3200CPT DDR400 Dual 2x256MB

Abit AI7 865PE Mobo

Asus A9550GE 128MB

Creative Audigy LS

80GB Barracuda SATA 7200

Hyper 48 Cooler Master HSF

2 x 120mm ThermalTake Smart Case Fan (Front In Rear Out)

let me know soon guys b4 u all fall asleep...i need some answers fast to get started and do some of my own research...

any ideas ppl

im not quite sure about that last post, but if the picture i just looked at is correct you do not have pci express. i think that was the question, right?

you can find most cards in both forms. newegg.com man

seems like i really cannot get a pci express card can i? :(:(:(

i am so sad.....what can i do? listen guys i dont mind forking out more money...but what is the best agp card available in the market currently? and from who?

any ideas ppl

ok....just realized that for 100 usd u cant even buy peanuts let alone tickets to a movie....i am revising investment costs to between 200 to 300 usd....what cards should i be looking at guys? dont tell my gf...she'll fry my butt on the sizzling p4....

Edited by cyrixMII300