Added A Second Fan Hole For The Dual 120 Rad.

Ornlu

Well I cut a second hole in the top of my case for the dual 120mm radiator.

With both fans on high and the room at 71F my temperatures are

23 C Idle 25-26 C load... ooh yeah.. During the test the room temp dropped to 68, at which point the load temperature was 24 C... 23 idle 24 load not bad huh? lol.

Anyway. It's a barton 2600+ socket A, overclocked to 2.5 ghz 11 * (225mhz fsb.)

Here's a pic.

Here's a pic of the case.. unfortunately i had to flash photography it.. Meaning none of the lighting shows through and it looks really ugly because I didn't clean it all off after cutting it up... woops. scratches show with a flash big time..

By the way, anyone know of a coolant that is either UV blue or UV green?

what radiator did you use, because i just bought a HW labs extreem 2 rad, which is dual 120 mm, but i decided that i would mount it outside because i dident think i could fit it inside, if ur usin a similar rad, how did you fit it inside the case(as i have nearly the exact same case)

what radiator did you use, because i just bought a HW labs extreem 2 rad, which is dual 120 mm, but i decided that i would mount it outside because i dident think i could fit it inside, if ur usin a similar rad, how did you fit it inside the case(as i have nearly the exact same case)

490762[/snapback]

It JUST barely fits. I'm using a 64 bonneville heatercore the back part of the radiator touches the power supply, and the front plate protrudes from my top 5 1/2 slot, IE I had to take the frotn plate off. =). Along with my shoud that I made from the Fed-ex box my waterblock came in lol...

But hey, I don't open my door, so it doesn't matter to me.

It JUST barely fits.  I'm using a 64 bonneville heatercore  the back part of the radiator touches the power supply, and the front plate protrudes from my top 5 1/2 slot, IE I had to take the frotn plate off. =).  Along with my shoud that I made from the Fed-ex box my waterblock came in lol...

But hey, I don't open my door, so it doesn't matter to me.

490814[/snapback]

Performance over looks, every time :) . Nice job.

how did you go about securing the fans to the rad and then to the case, like what kind of mounting hardware?

490985[/snapback]

Well, the fans are only secured to the top of the case. I designed the height of the radiator + shroud to form a pressure seal with the fans. The radiator is held up by a wire running through the 5 1/2 cage, as well as the front of the case and the power supply. This presses the shroud up against the sides of the two fans. Thus, I don't need to secure the fans to the shroud.