danged Neo 2 Platinum

ok, i have a neo 2 platinum with my 3000+ venice, and i got a new case (aspire x-plorer) and it comes with a temp probe... i was like, hmmmmm............, i just gots myselfs a better monitor then that danged forsaken onboard diode. so i arranged it , and start it up with folding going and i look at the display on the case and it says 100F, then i look in my taskbar and see that MBM says its 127F....i was wahoooooooo. the friggen diode on the mobo was 27F off. so now after about an hour online it leveled off at a nice 106.3F, and mbm is going alone with the crappy onboard temp monitor.YAY!!!!!!

where did you place the temp probe? because your temps are most likely still off, if your running an xp make sure the temp probe is against the core, if on an a64 or p4, put it on the side of the ihs, either way though, its almost impossible to get an accurate temp on the diode :P

I cant think of a positionig on the Zalman 7000 (i have one) that would give you very good temps unless you used soem thermal paste and got it to stick nicely, id say the board sensors are pretty accurate.

• 3 weeks later...