Make Big Files Full Of Junk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your filename array is too big. NTFS can only support filenames up to 255 characters in length.

EDIT: I have evil plots forming already :D.

485224[/snapback]

You're right, it can only support up to 255 characters for a filename... but it's not just the filename stored you see, it's the full path + filename.. soo... could be huge really I guess!

lol should be interesting.

Lol, so it is good...

dang, for a moment I thought I might of bested you.

485237[/snapback]

lol your time will come, dont you worry! keep at it :D

I'm about to post my question/answer thingy which I used to do the menus with the encryption lala. Thats bound to have bugs and stuff...

But, what's the point of having junkfile.h?

486357[/snapback]

lol still trying to catch me out?

The point of that is so you can use the defined functions in junkfile.c in other files. See in main.c, #include "junkfile.h" ... then I can use CreateJunkFile() in main.c ... even though the CreateJunkFile() function is in junkfile.c

It's just like you need to include string.h to use strlen().

this is actually a decent idea for a program... what better way to record over confidential bits and bytes to data that has already been deleted than by writing over it... over and over again :D

this is actually a decent idea for a program... what better way to record over confidential bits and bytes to data that has already been deleted than by writing over it... over and over again :D

486365[/snapback]

Except I actually made the function blow up if the file exists. I guess I should change that and have the check outside of the function. Would be a better idea.

If I changed it to bytes for the file size arguement you could indeed use it to loop and constantly write over a file. Maybe i'll make something like that later to keep me occupied, even though i'm sure there's millions of things that do that already!!! :)

I don't really bother with stuff like that. I just hold shift, hit delete followed by enter and have done with it :) Well, if I ever delete anything that is. I actually usually just end up buying larger hard disks when they get full :rolleyes: