Sign in to follow this  
General

France Is At It Again..

Personally, this would be the one time I'd have to agree with France.

The way I see it is I wouldn't want some form of NAU (North American Union) formed (Candada, USA, and Mexico) and then have a leader or president over it from another country.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

An no, I'm not a fan of UN, LoN, or NATO and I don't support the idea of a World Government.

Mad props to France on this one.

This is just the view of an outsider on the subject. If I was from France my point of view might be different. Thank God I was born in the USA.

485002[/snapback]

:withstupid: Wow, that's exactly what I think. At least someone else is trying to be open-minded (I know, there are a few others too).

...and some extremist as the president/representative?

I am sooooooo tempted to start a flame war now..........

I don't like the idea of an EU because of history. The European countries never agreed on anything and that led to strife and war, many times.
Hmmm... different views... angry people... isn't that how all wars start? What about our Civil War? What about the last presidential election? (clarification: almost 50-50 split) How can you say that when our own country can't agree with itself or others? Seems a bit hypocritical.

If the Eu is formed, and becomes its own country, I believe that there will be a time when it will collapse into two opposing "countries" and cause a war that will bring in America on one side, and force other countries to do the same. We can have WWIII and a 1984 on our hands. 3 countries, 3 Big Brothers, no freedom.
Now that is something that I agree with.

world government is just creepy to me. if there was a world goverment someone would get power hungry and BAM - communism, the bad kind. lol

(bad kind meaning george orwell bad)

i think this whole deal is just a step closer to something to world government so i dont support it in any way, shape or form. BUT the need to make decisions more quickly i would have to in some ways agree with.

so a global convention would be nice, but would it ever happen? too many people in too many places with too many different thoughts. not that its a bad thing but its just proof that this kind of thing probably wont happen.

The Dutch voted against it as well. :) Guess it isn't just the French (or me) who don't like this idea. :lol:

LMAO .......try being a Canadian and have french as your second language. Quebec are always talking seperation or some other crap ,anything to be different I quess? The frence still havn't forgiven the Allies for liberating them in the second world war, so I quess their still pissed at everbody? talk about having a chip on your shoulder hehe.

Guest Flashstar

You know, the French agreed to the euro where as the English and Swiss didn't. Also I would like to add that Franch is so different from the other European countries that they probably need their own leader anyway. :D

Maybe they looked at our great centralized Federal system - growing at 15% a year - deficits,unfunded mandates to the states and Feel good programs that never die (the great society).

Oh yea don't forget the hordes in eastern Europe (Ah LA Mexico) that would love to live in Gay Pariee with all the state benefits and paying little in taxes. It would be like Mexico and the US merging Yikes - who do you think would get the short end. :blink:

Heck they might even have to raise a decent military and pay for it - in this case I think the French people saved France from their centralized goverment.

Edited by E Fudd

a big issue is turkeys role in the matter i think the french are afraid that some way there voice wont be heard. when that vote comes to them they can say no to adding turkey to the eu. like always fear factor is important behind the voting curtains

I think that aslong as you are part of a union you should think of others as well, not always yourself. Independance is good, but there are times when interdepence is better. im not exactly sure about this, but i dont think the franc was doing to well when they agreed to switch to the euro. The euro would give their economy a big boost, which is why alot of the eastern block countries wish to become part of this union. (apart from the lifted tarrifs for importing exporting within the EU)

I think this idea of a EU constitution is dead now, If they vote again Im guessing instaed of 48 52 its gonna be something like 28 72 Yes / No respectivly.

I agree with General, the EU Constitution vote ratio will increase if they vote again. Personally I could care less what france does on the matter. I'm also not a fan of NATO or the UN, and I doubt many here are. In my opinion, France doesn't need to protect their independence, because they never earned it in the first place.

Personally, this would be the one time I'd have to agree with France.

The way I see it is I wouldn't want some form of NAU (North American Union) formed (Candada, USA, and Mexico) and then have a leader or president over it from another country.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

An no, I'm not a fan of UN, LoN, or NATO and I don't support the idea of a World Government.

Mad props to France on this one.

This is just the view of an outsider on the subject. If I was from France my point of view might be different. Thank God I was born in the USA.

485002[/snapback]

Amen to every word of that quote. :withstupid:

Any type of world or joint government reduces and eliminates the sovereignty that each nation exercises.