France Is At It Again..

General

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too agree with France. Which country would this leader come from? Are we going to somehow clean his mind of any bias? Why shouldn't ALL the countries be allowed to decide on what they feel is best?

Words to ponder here people. How about we have a union of all the countries in North America, and some extremist as the president/representative? NOBODY is perfect people. NOBODY is.

"Just another reason to hate France."

And your previous reasons are? If not for France, we would be saying "God Save the Queen/King." here in the USA. I believe a major general who taught most of the troops during the revolution was French, and he worked without pay. It was the French navy that helped win a major battle during the Revolution. So you're now saying that you hate them because they disagree with the war, and because they don't want to go back to the days of the 1500s?

So what if they surrundered during the World Wars. The US pulled them out, as the French helped pull the US out of British rule. So now because of Operation: Iraqi Freedom and their disagreement with it, you're saying you hate over 60.5 million(60,656,178 According to Google) because of a few people's views on things?

Yea, no wonder reputations of some countries are going to . these days.

485054[/snapback]

The guy that traned Georg's Army in the Revolutionary war wasnt French. I dont remembur where he was from, but a lot of great military stratigests came from there.

The guy that traned Georg's Army in the Revolutionary war wasnt French. I dont remembur where he was from, but a lot of great military stratigests came from there.

485062[/snapback]

Yes ure right he wasn't french He was actully german. His name was Baron Von Stuban. I do believe he did train the army 4 free tho. Alot of what he showed us for training is still used today even. I believe his teachings did get into westpoint.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

This is the current 'system' with all leaders/ and or officials- they tell you what is best for you. To answer your question: I'd much rather not have anyone else tell me what is best for me- I don't like people imposing anything upon me.

Which country would this leader come from? Are we going to somehow clean his mind of any bias? Why shouldn't ALL the countries be allowed to decide on what they feel is best?

#1) It does not matter what country the leader is from, theoretically.

#2) It is rare for any one person to have an completely unbiased mind.

#3) It can slow things down if each country made an independent decision and currently humans do not have immortality ;).

Keep in mind, while answering a few of these questions, I had to play devil's advocate, so they may or may not represent what I think and/or believe.

Edited by Instag0

1. Yes, it does. What if the leader is from Mexico, and knows little/nothing about the current European situations?

2. Which is exactly what I said.

3. You're implying that it'll take decades for decisions to be made... it maybe takes a bit of time, but at least the countries governments get their say in stuff.

Couple of France jokes...

Q: If it wasn't for the United States what would be the official language of France?

A: German

Next one..

You are the leader of the US. It has just been discovered that a meteor is headed toward the Earth!!! Not only that it has been determined that the meteor will hit France dead center wiping the entire country out in 24 hours at 2am EST.

France has asked you to pull all of your entire military forces together to help evacuate the entire country to save the lives of everyone.

Your dilema...Do you

A. Stay up and watch the meteor hit?

B. Record it and watch it in the morning?

:lol:

Do you know about what the proposed leadership entails?

I'll run it down how I understand it (may not be completely accurate).

- Under the current system the EU presidency is shared between member states, changing hands every six months.

- The proposition is that a the presidency would be decided by votes and the post would last for 2 years and then change hands (as far as I know).

- Under the new system, there would still need to be unanimous agreement between member countries on important issues such as defence.

I personally still haven't decided whether I'm for or against the new constitution. I need to do some more reading on the subject (as always.. I wish things like this didn't take so much time to understand fully).

1. Yes, it does. What if the leader is from Mexico, and knows little/nothing about the current European situations?

2. Which is exactly what I said.

3. You're implying that it'll take decades for decisions to be made... it maybe takes a bit of time, but at least the countries governments get their say in stuff.

485154[/snapback]

#1) Easy- if he or she knows little to nothing about the current European situations he or she would definately not be elected. However, in a different 'what if' scenario, that he or she from Mexico could (for some odd reason- oh noes!) actually follow global news closely; especially European news.

#2) Great ;).

#3) In some situations, decisions need to be made quickly- some people like a relatively logical decision made in a matter of days rather than a perfect decision made in a matter of weeks. I for one would prefer a quality decision, but thats just me ;).

Personally, this would be the one time I'd have to agree with France.

The way I see it is I wouldn't want some form of NAU (North American Union) formed (Candada, USA, and Mexico) and then have a leader or president over it from another country.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

An no, I'm not a fan of UN, LoN, or NATO and I don't support the idea of a World Government.

Mad props to France on this one.

This is just the view of an outsider on the subject. If I was from France my point of view might be different. Thank God I was born in the USA.

485002[/snapback]

dang straight......well said. :D

I don't like the idea of an EU because of history. The European countries never agreed on anything and that led to strife and war, many times. If the Eu is formed, and becomes its own country, I believe that there will be a time when it will collapse into two opposing "countries" and cause a war that will bring in America on one side, and force other countries to do the same. We can have WWIII and a 1984 on our hands. 3 countries, 3 Big Brothers, no freedom.

For the most part, the world is peacful, and the Middle East situation is slowly coming to a resolution.

NATO I agreed with, maybe not so much now, as there is no more Warsaw Pact. The UN is too beauracratic(sp?) to get anything done, and lacks support. It is a great tool to bring countries together into an open forum, but not a great policy maker.

The EU is going a little overboard. You cannot put so many different countries under one roof and have them run well. Case-in-point the Soviet Union. Even though the SU was commie, and the EU is democratic [sic], it won't last in the long run.

I like the actually like the EU it seems to be working pretty well. The first really big step in making peace between countries that have been fighting for thousands of years. Not to say that its perfect but seems like a step in the right direction. As far as the France voting no thing I'm not totally convinced France is doing it just to be monkey wrench to the whole EU. And on the news all I hear is that 9 countries said yes (what 9 they don't say) and they don't say really who it looks like that will say no. And people who say France just wants to be France and doesn't want to listen to anyone else the country that probaly does the same thing the most is the US.