France Is At It Again..

General

Well recently the Europian union proposed something called the EU Constitution. The basic thing behind it was that rather than having to go through each country of the EU to make a decision, a president would be apointed to make all the decisions on the behalf of all the countries part of the EU. This would all but unify europe as one big country.

In order for it to work all the countries would have to vote yes, well low and behold.. France voted no.. I dont understand why they have to be so dang different "independant)" from everyone else

I have limited knowledge of the situation, Its mostly what my parents told me about it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

France does have its fair share of problems. But the main problem was that every citizen was supposed to read it and make up their own mind about the new Constitution. Unsuprisingly, most people didn't bother to read it and just went off what they heard about it, which most of the time wasn't true...

So when the day came to vote on it they just voted uninformed.

I only know this because my grandparents live there and i have been talking to them a bunch lately.

Hienrich

Personally, this would be the one time I'd have to agree with France.

The way I see it is I wouldn't want some form of NAU (North American Union) formed (Candada, USA, and Mexico) and then have a leader or president over it from another country.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

An no, I'm not a fan of UN, LoN, or NATO and I don't support the idea of a World Government.

Mad props to France on this one.

This is just the view of an outsider on the subject. If I was from France my point of view might be different. Thank God I was born in the USA.

France has always been like that. Think of their fight for independence from britain or the french revolution. They've always liked being independent so this come to no supprise to me. I think the same that there shouldn't be a World government and that each country should govern its self. Of although im kina neutral on UN, LoN, and NATO. The UN doesn't really govern its just a group of countrys comming together to say vote on taking action (as in war or as in stopping a country from doing something that could threaten world peace tho there isn't much peace in this world :lol: ) I don't want some world wide government or even a government for all of Europe. Thats like appointing someone to rule the world and who knows if the person appointed to be world leader decided to be a dictator then it might be harder to get rid of him cus some countrys might support him and some won't. To sum it up worldwide government or government for all of europe sounds like a bad idea to me.

We are leaving our own referendum (UK) on the issue until next year, when everyone else has decided what they think. It is expected that we will say no as well. Seeing that France have already voted no (Holland [The Netherlands] are predicted to do the same) there doesn't seem alot of point to us voting on it anyway.

France has always been like that. Think of their fight for independence from britain or the french revolution. They've always liked being independent so this come to no supprise to me. I think the same that there shouldn't be a World government and that each country should govern its self. Of although im kina neutral on UN, LoN, and NATO. The UN doesn't really govern its just a group of countrys comming together to say vote on taking action (as in war or as in stopping a country from doing something that could threaten world peace tho there isn't much peace in this world :lol: ) I don't want some world wide government or even a government for all of Europe. Thats like appointing someone to rule the world and who knows if the person appointed to be world leader decided to be a dictator then it might be harder to get rid of him cus some countrys might support him and some won't. To sum it up worldwide government or government for all of europe sounds like a bad idea to me.

485037[/snapback]

A world government is posible, if we get people to stop thinking in terms of country, and start thinking in terms of world. The US is basicly this system, but smaller. Just like 50 little countries becoming one big one with difrent peoples and diffrent beliefs, and diffrent origns. We stoped thinking amout me, and started thinking about US, and thats what we became, the U.S. If everyone in the world would stop thinking about me, or my country, and start thinking about us, or my world, then a world government would be posible. This is only an outline of the basic principles it would take to create such a government, but it would work if implamented properly.

When I read through this, I was gonna spout off (mostly uninformed) with some generic "stupid France again" but now I think this is actually a smarter move for them. D3 - thanks for putting some more insight into your comment.

After looking up some news about it, I think it's a smarter move for them to remain as independant as they can. I wouldn't want a US version of an EU - there are too many "world unions/govt's" in use as it is... Personally, I think we need to have completely separate governments, monies, traditions, languages. It's a bit extreme, but I think it kinda looks like we're starting to have world-domination and country overtaking using politics instead of guns...

edit: Nothing personal intended to the people who live there. I'm nowhere nearly informed enough about the EU - especially since I don't live there, nor have close family living there

Edited by cybergrunt69

Personally, this would be the one time I'd have to agree with France.

The way I see it is I wouldn't want some form of NAU (North American Union) formed (Candada, USA, and Mexico) and then have a leader or president over it from another country.

I would want the leader of my country to be from my country. You going to let someone else tell you what is best for you?

An no, I'm not a fan of UN, LoN, or NATO and I don't support the idea of a World Government.

Mad props to France on this one.

This is just the view of an outsider on the subject. If I was from France my point of view might be different. Thank God I was born in the USA.

485002[/snapback]

I too agree with France. Which country would this leader come from? Are we going to somehow clean his mind of any bias? Why shouldn't ALL the countries be allowed to decide on what they feel is best?

Words to ponder here people. How about we have a union of all the countries in North America, and some extremist as the president/representative? NOBODY is perfect people. NOBODY is.

"Just another reason to hate France."

And your previous reasons are? If not for France, we would be saying "God Save the Queen/King." here in the USA. I believe a major general who taught most of the troops during the revolution was French, and he worked without pay. It was the French navy that helped win a major battle during the Revolution. So you're now saying that you hate them because they disagree with the war, and because they don't want to go back to the days of the 1500s?

So what if they surrundered during the World Wars. The US pulled them out, as the French helped pull the US out of British rule. So now because of Operation: Iraqi Freedom and their disagreement with it, you're saying you hate over 60.5 million(60,656,178 According to Google) because of a few people's views on things?

Yea, no wonder reputations of some countries are going to . these days.