Need Opinions: Brand New Gaming Machine

bost_

So, I got a really good job this summer, and I'm building a PC. Here's what I have so far...

No name case:

Case

Radeon 800XL PCI Express:

Video Card

AMD A64 San Deigo 3700+

A64

Mobo:

Mobo

HD:

Seagate Barracuda

DVD Burner

Pioneer

RAM:

2x 512mb

So... have I forgotten anything? I'm thinking this will probably set my bank account quite a bit, but I really want to build something fairly top-of-the-line. The mobo is the only component I'm not sure about, I'm not really up on new mobo tech... what's nForce 4? I just got one of the cheapest Socket 939 w/ a PCI Expressx16. Opinions/insults are welcome.

the case actually looks pretty cool

id recommend different ram, some OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, whatever u can afford

and the mobo, id recommend a MSI, DFI, and maybe a Gigabyte or something.... nForce 4 is the main northbridge chipset on the motherboard, it controls all stuff like AGP, PCI, CPU > Mem... etc etc

id also recommend buying a better PSU, like OCZ, Tagan, Fortron, PCP&C (if u can afford it) etc etc.

(if this is a GAMING maching, then this info is whats best)

id recommend a Razer Diamondback or Logitech MX518 (theyre identical when you compare the technical specs) so just see which one u think looks cooler, and fits your hand better..... plus a good gaming mouse pad

5.1 surround speakers.. (logitech x-530's are good for the price)

what kinda monitor you gonna have?

I'm going to have this thing hooked up to a 19" LCD of some sort, and it'll be hooked up to my JVC HT receiver. Would you guys think it critical to replace the PSU that comes with the case? The case PSU is 450 watts, but a noname brand. I'm going to get a different mobo for sure now, so don't worry about that. I'm getting really excited about this... I'll be ordering all this stuff as soon as I get my first paycheck. Anybody got a recommendation for a good wireless keyboard? Preferably something slim, with laptop style keys. Maybe something black and scary to go with my case ;-).

I would HIGHLY suggest getting another PSU. You wouldn't want all those nice parts that you spent your hard earned money on to go up in a poof of smoke, now would you? Also, you don't want to get me started on my bad PSU rant...........

As for a keyboard, I would highly suggest one made by Saitek. I know the keyboards don't have laptop style keys, but it's one hell of a keyboard and it looks good to boot. Here are some links:

Saitek Executive Keyboard

Saitek Gamer's Keyboard

Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

The first two keyboards are identical except for color. The Gamer's version comes with a programmable command pad (I personally have this one). The Eclipse version is all black with the light shining THROUGH the keys rather than AROUND them like the first two. They all feel great and I wouldn't hesistate to recommend them to anyone (my former roommate bought the Gamer's keyboard with his first build after I suggested it and he thanks me everytime he plays a game for suggesting such a wonderful keyboard)

look into Tagan for a PSU, theyre GREAT!

and yes, id recommend changing it, no matter what, especially if you get that video card.. think of it as your heart of your body, it doesnt do anything really but power it, it seems... you want a "stable heartbeat"

it makes all the difference

and ill be buying the Saitek Eclipse this weekend

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to spring for a different PSU, do you think 400-450 watts will be enough? As for the keyboards, I LOVE the Eclipse. It'll look great with my case, thanks.