Large Upgrade Planned This Summer

SMeeD

I am planning in upgrading this summer. Im pulling all the good stuff from my, yes and i hate it dell (sobs) and putting it all in this:

ThermalRock Dragon http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811133150

MSI Neo-2

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16813130443

Leadtek 6800GT

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16814122195

Aspire 520 Watt

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817148008

I didnt do too much home work on that PSU so if anyone has any better suggestions in the same price range (I know, Im breaking a rule and skimping on it) at least 450watt

Also can somone give me suggestions on a HS for my 478 P4? Nothing too expensive, but that will do the job.

Thanks a ton in advance.

socket 478 is going out quick, you may see a bottle neck if u keep it, I dunnue just a guess,.

The Amps on that PSU look good.

I have read many posts, where people have had trouble with defective MSI K8N neo boards, may want to change.

Video card looks ok.

Edited by Ste

yo WTF is thermalrock? its got the Thermaltake emblem

the video card and the board are fine... but i would suggest looking into a different PSU (ive heard plenty to stay away from Aspire)

ive got a Tagan v2 480w AND LOVE IT... and you may think oh its only 480w compared to my 520w... i guarantee its more powerful and more stable! (also my 480w is RMS continuous power, that 520 is PEAK MAXIMUM power) so it probably runs close to 480w RMS Continuous

look into spending around $100 for a PSU (thats a good region, most good PSU's fall in that range)

Guest Raven65

What is it with you guys and new egg? there are so many other internet retailers out there that have better prices and cheaper shipping. try chief value try zipzoomfly try xtremegear. New Egg is a rip off what they save you on some the make up for it in shipping. Just because I said it was cool to jump off a bridge would you follow? Probably not. So why follow those who jump the new egg train . They have to pay for the great ampunt of advertising they do and glom it up with their exorbident shipping charges.

theres nothing wrong with newegg dude you're insane, yes, its well overused and there are other retailers, but its always reliable and always there, easy to go to and browse and stuff... just keep on topic

Its a Thermaltake case its just called Thermalrock. Ill be looking into alternative PSUs and boards today. I know 478 is on its deathbed but I dont have the cash to buy another proc, I just really want to get all my useful hardware out of this pile of junk system.

Guest Raven65
theres nothing wrong with newegg dude you're insane, yes, its well overused and there are other retailers, but its always reliable and always there, easy to go to and browse and stuff... just keep on topic

484110[/snapback]

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I just want the noob to realize that there are different options. He should look for them. He's talking about saving money. well if he wants to get a 939 chip he might be able to if he didn't just use newegg. Dude, try Price Watch type in the search what you want and it will give you the prices from the lowest to the highest for that specific product. Most who advertise have free shipping or if they do have shipping it's included in the price. Take my advice on this one. you might be able to get that 939 and some other stuff.

I know there are plenty of other options, I use zipzoomfly, tiger direct,monarch computers, pricewatch and others. Newegg just had all the parts i was looking for at that momentand i used it to put them all together.

Sounds good, except I wouldn't go with socket 478 if I were you.

484267[/snapback]

Im going to use my existing proc with it and sadly its 478 :(