Decypher Help

Can anyone please Dycypher this code, or De-encrypt it please

"Gur oebjfre naq pung vffhrf fbhaq yvxr vffhrf jvgu pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf. Havafgnyy nal ibvpr cnpxf, be bgure pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf gung lbh znl unir naq gel ntnva. Nf sbe gur rznvy, lbh pbhyq gel fraqvat na rznvy gb lbhefrys nf n zrgubq bs "syhfuvat". Vs gung qbrfa'g jbex, lbh ner bhg bs yhpx, whfg yvxr znal bs gur byqre nppbhagf."

I need help fixing a tribes 2 game but, when i asked someone they just said Decypher this, if you dont i wont help.

I could try finding out the key, but you're a complete idiot if you think we're going to do this for you with no hints. And you just said that if we don't you will, so what's the point of asking? Also, what's wrong with your Tribes 2 installation? We don't ask you to decypher code.

I could try finding out the key, but you're a complete idiot if you think we're going to do this for you with no hints. And you just said that if we don't you will, so what's the point of asking? Also, what's wrong with your Tribes 2 installation? We don't ask you to decypher code.

483834[/snapback]

He actually said that the person he asked help from said if he couldn't figure it out, he won't help him :P Sounds like the person offering help originally is a bit of a moron really!

Wrote me own program to do it for you. Was actually suprisingly easy. Just take 13 from each letter, but wrap around.

Gur oebjfre naq pung vffhrf fbhaq yvxr vffhrf jvgu pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf. Havafgnyy nal ibvpr cnpxf, be bgure pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf gung lbh znl unir naq gel ntnva. Nf sbe gur rznvy, lbh pbhyq gel fraqvat na rznvy gb lbhefrys nf n zrgubq bs "syhfuvat". Vs gung qbrfa'g jbex, lbh ner bhg bs yhpx, whfg yvxr znal bs gur byqre nppbhagf

The browser and chat issues sound like issues with client side scripts. Uninstall any voice packs, or other client side scripts that you may have and try again. As for the email, you could try sending an email to yourself as a method of "flushing". If that doesn't work, you are out of luck, just like many of the older accounts

Here's the program.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(char **argv, int argc) {
   char msg[] = "Gur oebjfre naq pung vffhrf fbhaq yvxr vffhrf jvgu pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf. Havafgnyy nal ibvpr cnpxf, be bgure pyvrag fvqr fpevcgf gung lbh znl unir naq gel ntnva. Nf sbe gur rznvy, lbh pbhyq gel fraqvat na rznvy gb lbhefrys nf n zrgubq bs \"syhfuvat\". Vs gung qbrfa'g jbex, lbh ner bhg bs yhpx, whfg yvxr znal bs gur byqre nppbhagf";   
   int strLen = strlen(msg);
   int i = 0, j = 0;
   char tmp[strLen + 1];

printf("%s\n\n", msg);

for (i = 0; i < strLen; i++) {
       if ( (msg[i] >= 65 && msg[i] <= 90) || (msg[i] >= 97 && msg[i] <= 122) ) {
            if (msg[i] >= 97 && msg[i] <= 122) {
                if ((msg[i] - 13) < 97) {
                  int diff = 97 - (msg[i] - 13);
                  tmp[i] = 123 - diff;
                } else {
                    tmp[i] = (msg[i] - 13);
                }
            } else {
                if ((msg[i] - 13) < 65) {
                  int diff = 65 - (msg[i] - 13);
                  tmp[i] = 91 - diff;
                } else {
                    tmp[i] = (msg[i] - 13);
                }
            }
       } else {
           tmp[i] = msg[i];             
       }
   }

tmp[strLen] = '\0';
   printf("%s\n\n", tmp);

system("pause");
}

How'd I figure out take 13 (and wrap it if it goes below a)? Well, I saw a single n in there. A single n I assumed was an a (although it could have been an I or something, but I started by assuming it was an a). Then I took "naq", which I thought might be "and" as there was a couple of those. If n = a, then the first letter was atleast right. So I just went ahead and coded the above. Seemed to work :rolleyes:

You don't really have to if you just want the original message. I quoted the original message + translation if you read the post above properly :P

If you want to use it because that person is using that silly code everywhere instead of talking like any normal person, it's a C/C++ program... soooo... compile it with a C/C++ compiler :P

wow, i was decoding as if it was a random cipher. i didnt think it would be that simple as to just move all letters over by 13. haha, nice one though. i guess freq analysis is pointless in that instance. great job on the decode :)