Partition Program

RadioActivated

Just create separate partitions when you are installing Windows.

483827[/snapback]

if you are going to reinstall windows anyways ^

the last 2 times i've used partiton magic with NTFS it crashed in the middle of what it was doing and i lost everything. Not sure who's fault it was, but just make sure you back everything up before you send it, on it's way.

Wow...I've never had a prob with partiton magic....but that doesn't mean it cannot happen.... do a backup somehow... another drive, CD, DVD whatever....

resize the current partition...format the new empty space...then install into the new formated area....

actually....what I would do is shrink the current partition... create a new partition in the empty space....

then copy anything you want to save to the new partition....

then install the new OS to the old partition and allow it to format...

PAY ATTENTION...DO NOT RUSH....it is easy to format the wrong partition....

not that I have ever done it.... :O:wacko::ph34r:

and then you should be all set....

BUT!!! I am not sure that the demo version will do all that....

if you are going to reinstall windows anyways ^

the last 2 times i've used partiton magic with NTFS it crashed in the middle of what it was doing and i lost everything. Not sure who's fault it was, but just make sure you back everything up before you send it, on it's way.

483932[/snapback]

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. But that was because I was resizing the partition that had XP and PartitionMagic on it... <_< Definitely back up the stuff you really need/want to CDs or DVDs or another drive if you can.

I dont understand how resizing a NTFS partition on a partition that has XP and partition Magic would crash an operation. I did this several times, i must say ive only stick with the Partition Magic 7 Pro. version 8 was the only time it ever crashed on me

Edited by silkster

It depends which way you are resizing, I think... I have reduced NTFS partitions to fit another OS on and it died. But increasing an NTFS partition has been fine...

But that's only a guess...

Yeah, I decreased the size of my NTFS partition because I wanted to try Linux without completely reformating, and Windows wouldn't boot after that. Maybe it was just four coincidences... yes, I did it four separate times.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

Now what I did is I resized my C: Drive to half of it's size and created a new partition. This dosen't work, maybe I am not doing something, or just doing it not right..i need help lol..

BTw i only have the trial version, so I think I won't be able to do anything..

Edited by RadioActivated