Can't Get Passed 560fsb

Below is my system details.

Volts are atm.

CPU 1.72V @ 37C

Chip Set 1.66V @33C

RAM 2.9V

If i put on 285Mhz, it starts up but when i do memory test it fails. Oh and if it boots in windows, prime95 generates errors. Even if i use a memory devider. If i increase CPU + Chip Set volts errors are less. Though cpu is then at 1.9V and Chipset 1.9V temps about 60C idle

It's the whole DDR400 and 200FSB nonsense. He's actually running at 280MHz for his FSB and DDR500 for his memory, if you read his post. His problem is that he's trying to get his Sempron's FSB over 280MHz.

It's quite apparent that temps are not the problem at 1.7 volts, so I'm gonna take a guess and say you've hit the limit on your chip. You might need sufficiently more cooling if you are to increase your voltage any higher (by more cooling I mean a really good WC setup or phase change). For a processor that starts at 1.8GHz, a 700MHz overclock is REALLY good.

Below is my system details.

Volts are atm.

CPU 1.72V  @ 37C

Chip Set 1.66V  @33C

RAM 2.9V

If i put on 285Mhz, it starts up but when i do memory test it fails. Oh and if it boots in windows, prime95 generates errors.  Even if i use a memory devider.  If i increase CPU + Chip Set volts errors are less.  Though cpu is then at 1.9V and Chipset 1.9V temps about 60C idle

482681[/snapback]

According to your sig you have kingmax ddr500 - your ram just probably cannot run that high. Try a divider to keep the ram at about 260 and tighten up those timings. Whats your chip max? If its around the 2.5ghz its at now I recommend trying 315 with a 166 divider and 8x multiplier. Your ram will be at 261 and cpu at 2.52ghz, and you can tighten up those ram timings. It can be that,or your board just cant run high htt. Some boards like Neo2 plats dont like high htt, even if your not at cpu or ram max.

This epox runs 325htt like a champ :D

**eidt** thought u always had cpu and chipset so high as last line :P **edit**

im confused with the 500fsb stock is 200 and i havnt seen any fsb over 310yet, your the frist.

483107[/snapback]

people started quoting fsb in ddr terms...

don't really know why... i always give the mhz... otherwise i could say i have a 2112 fsb lol...

he means 280mhz fsb... and erm 60

Guest Raven65

My Msi Neo 4 plat, I thinks will go up to 400. I think. But 60 c is pretty hot for idle, you need to cool down your puter dude!

Gonna get the 90nm 3100+ 754 soon, i know they are garanteed (sorry for spelling) 3Ghz on air.

483245[/snapback]

No chip is guaranteed to hit anything over stock. :glare:

While you hear of a lot of them getting that high, there are a LOT of others who can't or don't even oc their chips.