Sign in to follow this  
wormy

3.2 Pressy On A P4p800-e Deluxe

OK I have a 3.2E with a ASUS P4P800-E, HSF is a CoolerMaster Vortex Dream (ACC-U72). with 1.5 gig Kingston value ram. Also i have an MSI TI4200 128 meg card. What do u think would be a good OC? when i get home from work i can tell u the stepping and anything else u need.:unsure:

Well i have 2 sticks of 512 and 2 sticks of 256 on the board now.i was thinking of taking the 256 sticks out to see if it would go faster i have it at 3.51 right nowmuch more than that and it blue screens :( i hope i can get more out of it when i go to water cooling. :) and was thinking of getting a different board ive read that its not a good ocing board. dont know what i will go to thou ill have to look at some reviews and see what ppl say.

Edited by mnballard24

Rubbish. That is a good OCing board.

The RAM may be the bottleneck. What brand/rating of PSU is running it?

Do you have adequate case cooling? How many fans? Of what size? How are they set up?

The coolermaster VD isn't bad but a Zalman 7700 series is a lot better, though they are heavier.

Rubbish. That is a good OCing board.

The RAM may be the bottleneck. What brand/rating of PSU is running it?

Do you have adequate case cooling? How many fans? Of what size? How are they set up?

The coolermaster VD isn't bad but a Zalman 7700 series is a lot better, though they are heavier.

483867[/snapback]

not sure what brand the ram is its some cheap stuff but the power suppy is a raidmax one that came with the case its a 420 watt

not sure what brand the ram is its some cheap stuff but the power suppy is a raidmax one that came with the case its a 420 watt

484878[/snapback]

I can think of the ram, and the psu holding you back, and maybe temps if your case doesnt have good air flow. Most likely though you could max that chip out with just some better ram. From what I've seen that board oc's great.

Thanks for the info but I just bought a MSI 915P Combo-F with a Intel Pentium 4 540J, same ram and psu with a Powercolor X600. I got a great deal a crack head was selling it for $120. So i couldnt pass that up.

My 3.0 Pressy O/Cs stable to 3.87Ghz with 2x512 Geil value RAM on a P4P800SE, all air cooled. Stock RAM timings and no dividers. You should be able to get pretty high.

Dan

i am guessing that your system cooling is out.....asus has always made good boards which should last well to the edge....however, your msi boards are generally quite good....

but take it from me man, paying good dough after good dough is not the smartest thing to do....just stick to what u have and most importantly improve your temps....

what sorta HSF you have now? and what sorta temp u getting? make sure u install at least a 92mm fan on the suction front of casing and the same as exhaust fan at the rear.... that itself should do wonders....

i feel that you should be able to easily hit at least 3.8 to 3.9GHz.... dont forget the thermal paste though....

any ideas ppl

:withstupid::foldon:

Thanks for the info but I just bought a MSI 915P Combo-F with a Intel Pentium 4 540J, same ram and psu with a Powercolor X600. I got a great deal a crack head was selling it for $120. So i couldnt pass that up.

484901[/snapback]

dang good deal....where are the crack heads when ya need em? lol